New to iMore

afl2277

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone. My name is Ange, elderly, grumpy but reasonably friendly 😀

I've been a staunch Blackberry user for years, previously happy with not only the original OS but also with the newer BB10. Had a Blackberry tablet too. I hate android with a passion which is unrivalled. And so, when my tablet started to die it was decision time. I saw a good deal on a new iPad mini 2 and bought it. Well, it was only a tablet right? Not like I was going 'Apple'. Wrong. How surprised I was. The iPad mini is so good, and most Apple users will know what I mean when I say " it just works". I got the iPad mini last August.

Then, sadly I thought, Blackberry started to turn to android. And with my previously beloved Z10 playing up I decided it was new phone time. The experience of the iPad made it a no contest....I bought an iPhone.

I researched internal memory, device size, considered my usage, and went for the 32GB 5s. I did consider waiting for the new one out in March, but didn't see any value in that. The 5s will do what I want it to do, will go in my pocket or bag, small enough to keep a good grip in my hand whilst still being a big enough screen for me. I ordered direct from Apple sim free, and was amazed by the fast delivery and promises of after service. And you know what..." It just works"....😀

I got the Leef iAccess sd card reader to go with it, also a lightning to micro USB adapter so I can use my portable chargers if I'm out camping in my van away from power.

I had good times with Blackberry, did a lot of work on their help pages with them, fixing people's phones, and there will always be a fondness there, but the inclusion of android was my time to move on. I'm so pleased with my iPad, and thrilled with my little iPhone, and look forward to getting to know folks on here...😀

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, Ange! Glad you've been enjoying your apple products.

I used BB10 devices for awhile and loved them. Had to stop using them when work wouldn't allow sync anymore.

afl2277

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Kataran, Zocster and DevilishBanker.

I'm certainly liking my 5s Zocster, it's ideal in size and as I'm not a "power user" it's internal specs are perfect :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro