New to the Forum - Hello All

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm a long time GNU/Linux user. I picked up my first Mac when I needed a dependable laptop for work that could run MS Office, Adobe, and other proprietary. I picked up an entry level MacBook Pro, new in early 2012.

It is a tough little bugger. My job involved a lot of travel. It has survived operating in temperatures in excess of 120F down to about -20F. The backpack that I crammed it into has been stepped on by aircrew, and thrown out of cargo holds. It has developed some scars, to be sure, but a battery replacement and SSD upgrade later, and it is still going strong. I was so impressed with this little thing that I picked up an iPhone 4s and 4th Generation iPad also - both current at the time. I also have an iMac for my desk - 2013. If I lived in a mobile phone service area, I'd have a new iPhone. I really like how the devices all work together to make the experience even better.

I've enjoyed reading the forum posts, and articles.

- Daryle

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Glad to see a Linux user here. We run Linux and OS X at our house for computers and android and iOS for mobile. It's a no Windows house .... unless you count the single copy of Windows on hubby's virtual used only to remote in to work.

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
We have android phones that make calls over our wifi when we are home. If the company offered iPhones, we'd probably trade ours in for them. There is no cell service from any company where we live. I dont hate Android. There is a definite sense that it is a different philosophy behind how they operate, but it will get the job done. Although I don't use my phone for as much as many people do though - Talk, text, email, weather alerts, and fitness tracker - That is about it.

I had a computer with Windows 98 on it that convinced me to try SUSE Linux back in the early part of the century, and I liked the experience better. I don't think I could go back to using Windows.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! :) The SSD upgrade was the best thing I've done (aside from adding RAM to start) to my 2011 Mac Mini. It's like a new machine!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2