Hello, iPhone newbie here!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi ya'll!

Finally found the intro thread, so thought I'd introduce myself.

I've moved from Android this month, so this is my first iPhone. Most of the Android phones I've owned have all been purchased unlocked directly from Google. I love Android phones, but at the moment I'm not happy with Google so I saved and bought a 64GB 6s in Rose Gold. Still trying to get use to all of the differences (the app drawer has been replaced with... folders). That, and I keep long-pressing on the homescreen to set the wallpaper. :) Another month or so and I should be use to where everything is and how it works.

I consider myself to be somewhat of a geek at heart. I love to game (built my own gaming PC) and mostly play World of Warcraft (I've written a few addons that are hosted on both Wow Interface and Curse), or every once in awhile The Sims. I'm a retired web hosting owner, use to make and sell WordPress themes and have written numerous pixel graphic tutorials (first in Jasc Paint Shop Pro, then later in Photoshop). I love to craft, make jewelry, and will be learning how to quilt on my new sewing machine soon (I can barely sew a button at the moment lol). Every Android I've ever owned has been rooted with a custom rom installed. I did that originally just to install a custom host file to block ads, but then later got carried away with homescreen customization and seeing what all I could do. I don't know if I will be jailbreaking my 6s or not. I did jailbreak my iPod Touch but wasn't all that impressed. I love Doctor Who, am a Browncoat at heart, and absolutely love Supernatural.

I am a divorced empty nester (mom of two). I met my fiance' almost 10 years ago in the EverQuest game by sending him an accidental private message (I'm still in awe over that lol). I moved to Illinois roughly 4 years ago from Tacoma Washington to be with him, and we got engaged a few months ago (November 17th). :broken-heart: I am 50... something years old. :tongue:

Edit: Almost forgot! We have several fish tanks; two saltwater and 4 freshwater. Our oldest tank is nearly 20 years old (his of course).

Last edited:

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the intro, Sherry and welcome to iMore! I used to play EverQuest too, many years ago. I, too, still play WoW now. What server are you on? Maybe we should start an iMore guild or something. :)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, Sherry! I was an Android rooter myself (I still like Cyanogenmod) but came over to iOS during the iPhone 4 era. At first the closed ecosystem was a little annoying but I eventually learned to really appreciate its simplicity. Hopefully your experience is similar.
Anyway, we are happy to have you. As you get used to your new phone and have questions don't be afraid to ask!
Oh, and to help with your wallpaper woes, iOS 9.3 is adding a Set Wallpaper shortcut by force pressing the Setting app from the homescreen. 9.3 is in public beta right now but the GM should be out soon enough if you prefer the final release.
94ac94b8cd947a3066d486d9837a00ee.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, and it's always a pleasure to meet someone from my generation.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, I hop you enjoy your new iPhone. One thing I notice is you can't go into the new iPhone comparing it to android. If you go into it with a open mind you will love it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Make yourself at home and enjoy the site! Nice to see you, Sherry! You'll get accustomed to the iPhone soon enough. I get confused when on an Android. LOL. Folders just hold apps on the screen. It's not like the app drawer. Let us know if we can help in any way.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and encouragement with learning my new phone. :D

Thanks for the intro, Sherry and welcome to iMore! I used to play EverQuest too, many years ago. I, too, still play WoW now. What server are you on? Maybe we should start an iMore guild or something. :)

Currently Alliance on Lightbringer. :) I've slowed down for the moment until Legion is released though. Doug isn't playing at all right now... but man, his little DK tank could out-heal a lot of healers (they absolutely loved him in raids, as did I when I was healing). He's by far a better player than I.

Oh, and to help with your wallpaper woes, iOS 9.3 is adding a Set Wallpaper shortcut by force pressing the Setting app from the homescreen. 9.3 is in public beta right now but the GM should be out soon enough if you prefer the final release.

*sings* w00t there it is! Now that's nice to see!

Welcome to iMore. I'm in Illinois as well. Enjoy your new 6s!

I'm in Hanover Park. Whereabouts are you (you don't have to say unless you want)? I was reading ya'lls intro thread and saw one of ya's was from North Carolina.. I grew up in Fayetteville. :)

Looking forward to learning all I can from you guys and gals!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro