New to iPhone.

dopetacular

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone!
I am actually awaiting the arrival of my new 6S+ in Space Gray, I don't have the phone as of yet, lol. I have been a long time smart phone user ever since my Palm Treo wx (sprint version) and have used most mobile OSes except iOS and the new Windows Phone OSes (7 and beyond). I have been with Android since 1.5 (Cupcake) though with a brief stint back to Blackberry, when all my friends decided to jump on the bandwagon after I had already moved on to fancy new-fangled, lol, smart phones. Most of my family has iPhones though and I guess I wanted to give it a whirl. I am not particularly ignorant to iOS since I used to work for Best Buy mobile and I flashion myself a tech person so I read up on most things mobile regardless but this will the my first personal iDevice. I think I have just grown a little bored with ROMs though, I have been flashing them since my Treo days and the only time I didn't was when I had my Palm Pre and it was a breath of fresh air for those few months.

Any tips and recommendations? I am a bit nervous about not being able to set my own default apps, since I tend to change my own default apps form the ones that come with my devices. Also the intent system since I do share things from app to app. I think that will take some getting used to.

This is actually longer than I excepted, so I will stop rambling. Hello again! :biggrin:

P.S.: Is there any app that is comparable to Jotter pad on Android? I write and I tend to use that a lot.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I was a webOS user for a while and found the current iOS to feel like home so hopefully you will as well

Enjoy your soon to be new device

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I think I have just grown a little bored with ROMs though, I have been flashing them since my Treo days and the only time I didn't was when I had my Palm Pre and it was a breath of fresh air for those few months...

If you DO get that urge again, one fun alternative with Apple is to sign up for the Beta Tester Program. That way you get pre-release iOS versions pushed to your phone which you can experiment with. They're generally stable enough for daily use (in my experience anyway), and you can contribute directly to improving the platform by providing Apple with feedback.

And congrats on the 6S+!

dopetacular

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
If you DO get that urge again, one fun alternative with Apple is to sign up for the Beta Tester Program. That way you get pre-release iOS versions pushed to your phone which you can experiment with. They're generally stable enough for daily use (in my experience anyway), and you can contribute directly to improving the platform by providing Apple with feedback.

And congrats on the 6S+!

Thanks for the info. I will check that out once my phone gets here. I am a bit impatient, I did order a case and a screen protector, though. Will I have issues with the tempered glass protector interfering with the 3D Touch? I only use glass ones nowadays and try to get all my family to use them too.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I will check that out once my phone gets here. I am a bit impatient, I did order a case and a screen protector, though. Will I have issues with the tempered glass protector interfering with the 3D Touch? I only use glass ones nowadays and try to get all my family to use them too.

I don't use one but the members that have a tempered glass screen protector said 3D Touch works just fine with it.

Welcome to iMore

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Welcome to iMore.com.

As Moderator Team Leader I hope all your questions are answered in the forums. We have a tremendous user-base that is very helpful and knowledgeable. If you need anything, please reach out to me.

Thanks and again glad to have you here

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Welcome, another Android user here (since the OG Droid days) that's about to go pick up his first iPhone this afternoon :) Seems like there's a lot of us around here switching over.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox