Hello! "Apple Defector" here!

asyl15

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello! First of all, I understand full well that iMore is for people who follow Apple-related tech news, and perhaps many of us are dedicated to the brand, but I can't describe my situation other than as a "defector." So for my introduction, I'm going to talk about my connection with the company and talk less about my personal life.

My first and only Mac was an iBook G3 Dual USB model, and it ran up to OS X Tiger. Since then I have moved back when I got a Windows Vista laptop and haven't had a Mac again since. I did not, however, actually stop using Apple products. In 2008 I got myself an iPod nano 5th generation followed by an iPod classic 5th generation and an iPod touch 2nd generation; and over those years I did purchase my music on iTunes. So I wasn't an actual defector from the Apple ecosystem. In fact I still have the three iPods I mentioned.

So I finally joined iMore. What I didn't tell you earlier is that the iBook G3 was with me when I was in elementary school. I am now an Information Systems student and would like to keep updated about consumer technology because of all the BYOD that is going on in the workplaces. I may consider using a Mac again (this time purchased by the adult me) for testing the Excel VBA codes I write, to get tools for coding iOS/OS X apps and for Apple-exclusive services like FaceTime and Messages. Hope to hear more from Mac users & iOS device co-users like all of you here on iMore!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711