Hello from a recent Apple "convert"

affath

May 16, 2015
Visit site
So I'm new. Been around many different computer and mobile platforms over the years (Amigas, a 386,have used most versions of Windows) but only had limited exposure to the Mac (including an ancient Mac at my old highschool (an Apple IIe, I think. In the early 2000s. Working perfectly, if understandably slow. I think the librarian may have had an attachment to the thing or something.

In more recent years, I cast aside Windows (got sick of MS's shenanigans) and used Linux, which worked very well for me until I lost most of my vision. (which is probably still slowly being lost). And Accessible is one thing that Linux is not. So my PC just sits there unused.

I got an iPad late last year (an Air 1 - I got a good deal on the 128GB model - and picked it up fairly quickly after a few hiccups. End of the year I got an iPhone 6 (seriously. Best phone I've owned- solid as a rock compared to my old Samsung. apps crashing everywhere on Android).

I've taken to podcast listening over the past year, and have been listening to iMore here and there, and finally decided to check out the site and app(.

A Mac is next off the list. I need to get a computer with a proper keyboard. (looking at the das Keyboard for when I do finally get one.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on your transition and welcome to imore.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Woohoo, congrats and enjoy the fun!

I have bounced between platforms over the years, but I have come back to Apple 100% and I couldn't be happier. Between being steady as a rock for all things work related and totally easy for fun stuff, I have found nothing amiss with my Apple system.

... Now if I could only convince my husband to switch to iPhone... He does love his iPad Air and his MacBook Pro, but somehow he is pig headed about his phone. LOL.

anon(9424572)

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Welcome, recent-ish convert here too, previously had a Nokia E7 but due to the lack of apps for the Symbian OS decided to purchase a 5S last year, since then have bought an iPad mini 3.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Make yourself at home and enjoy the site! I can relate to eyesight issues. I hate all the low contrast that's popular on the text of everything. So I use TapaTalk for the forums. It has a dark theme that's easy on the eyes.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! It sounds like your experiences with Samsung echo my own.

Congrats on your new iPhone and don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711