Hello, Apple Users!

belodion

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I snuck in here via the back door a few days ago. Normally a WP and Android user, but I was given an old iPhone 4 recently - unfortunately locked to a network I don't use, so wifi-only use. I liked it so much I went out and grabbed an iPhone 4s/8GB....no higher storage ones available. Still learning about both phone and OS, but enjoying very much. :)

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Make yourself at home and enjoy the site! The 4s is a good phone. It is getting outdated though. So some apps may not work well with it. If you're on iOS 7 or 8, you may want to take note of these suggestions:
To help your 4s run as smooth as possible, try these suggestions.
1. Leave 20% or more of your internal storage space free. This helps to not constrain the system.
2. Get rid of unnecessary features. Yeah, some are cool, but they will bog down an older model phone.
3. Disable transparency effects. Toggle on "Increase Transparency" in Accessibility.
4. Toggle off "Background App Refresh".
Good luck.

belodion

May 1, 2015
Visit site
It was a 4s or one of the 5 series and I just prefer the smaller phones. Running 7.1.2. When setting up, 8.3 was offered, but I declined it, at least until I research more about whether the 4s would be happy with it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It was a 4s or one of the 5 series and I just prefer the smaller phones. Running 7.1.2. When setting up, 8.3 was offered, but I declined it, at least until I research more about whether the 4s would be happy with it.

For a 4s, there's not much difference in how it performs whether on iOS 7 or 8. It will have some issues on both operating systems. That's why I posted the suggestions that will help you get the most out of your 4s. If it's a 5 or up, no problems on 8.3. I use the iPhone 5 and it does great on 8.3.

belodion

May 1, 2015
Visit site
^^^Yes, some of those things I've done. Still a lot to learn. An old model, but delightful to hold and use and of obviously high quality and construction. :)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Welcome to iMore.com.

As Team Leader I hope all your questions are answered in the forums. We have a tremendous user-base that is very helpful and knowledgeable. If you need anything, please reach out to me.

Thanks and again glad to have you here!!!

belodion

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. At this stage, both the device and the OS are still new to me, and I'm enjoying learning about both. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711