Greetings from a CrackBerry Addict!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The exact same place as the OP ;), also because of genuine interest in Apple products. Not everyone that comes over has bad intentions, there's just a pile of them that do.

I know, I'm just teasing you. ;) You know we are good. :) (otherwise I would not have said it)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I'm John and I'm a CrackBerry user primarily. I'm branching over into iMore as I'm picking up a 6+ and would obviously like to participate in discussions and debates over on this side of the world.

I'm a tad confused why I can't post in the feedback forum as my global post count is well over 10, but I suppose that's because it only recognizes my iMore post count :p

Things I'm looking forward to include a best-in-class camera as well as finally having a Note-sized iPhone!

I still intend on being a BlackBerry user but mostly for following changes and updates as well as developing apps. I recognize I could do better developing on other platforms but I simply haven't these past years. I do have Xcode set up and will be looking into iOS and Mac development, though :)

That said, what kind of gear do I have? I have a 2011 Macbook Pro 13" w/ 16GB of RAM and a 128GB SSD. I enjoy photography and have been loyally using my Canon 600D for many years, though it's my hopes to replace that with the 6+ for my daily moment shots. I've a Moto360 but that's a holdover from my Android days where I used a Note 3 and a G3 for a while to stay versed in each of the ecosystems. It's my hope to pick up the 6+ and Apple Watch, in tandem with my already possessed Apple TV and Hue lightbulbs. Presently I carry a BlackBerry Z30 and was a BlackBerry loyalist until the iPhone came out. I was then a loyalist towards Apple until the 5S. I didn't upgrade to it and went back with BlackBerry phones for a while.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell! Hope to chat with you all more!

Hi John! Welcome to iMore!!!!

I'm a recovering Crackberrian myself. Left BlackBerry when they decided to encourage their users to pooch Android apps instead of coming to a proper agreement with Google. That, and the fact that those apps that I needed/wanted were nowhere to be found in the Amazon Appstore. Waste of what once was a good company.

I'm pretty platform agnostic although if I had to chuck them all and keep one it would be my iPhone 6. Since 2009, when I bought my 3GS, it's never let me down. More than I can say for the 9900 line that keep bricking on me. Or the Z10 that kept rebooting on me. As luck would have it, I just bought a used Passport off a friend who was so disgusted with it that she was about to throw it against the wall. And what I'm seeing leaves me cold.

The culture here is much different than CB. You'll see me post from my Sexy Beast of a Note 4 and no one here has a conniption. Or from my Sexy Red Lumia 1520 and no one chases me with pitchforks and torches (pun intended.) This is a very relaxed, friendly place where the use of multiple platforms is viewed as simply someone's preference, no biggie.

For me, iOS offers a whole lot more than BB10. It's more dependable. The apps are fantastic. No drama, turns on first time, every time. No looking for leaks to fix bugs that should have never been on a phone; the used Passport I got has the most annoying habit of flickering like some crazed TV from 1950. The contacts app continuously multiplies my contacts, even with this 10.3.1 that was supposed to be a fantastic OS. BlackBerry continues to be unable to execute. It's like the company is intent on snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. And it shows in device sales...

Anyway, welcome to iMore. It's a breath of fresh air.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'll always have a soft spot for my old Q10... But alas, I do not like the direction Blackberry is headed in.
No more native apps totally killed it for me.
Then I heard through the grapevine that Blackberry is now making out with... Samsung, of all things.
The very people who vandalized my Note 3.
So...
Goodbye fabulous keyboard, hub and BBM. You will be sorely missed.

But...
Dude, the iPhone 6 and 6 plus make it easy to get over the Q10, no doubt there.
I had the 6 for 6 months, I loved it.
Just got the Plus, and it's My Preciousssssssss...

Congrats and enjoy it, it will not disappoint.

You got the Plus?!?!?!?!? OMG I'M SO ENVIOUS!!!!!

I'm waiting for September. Five short months. Then I'll get my Plus.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah that's what I said... 2 days before wandering in the Apple Store while my husband was getting a screen protector for his iPad at a kiosque right outside and I started playing with a Plus and... I wouldn't put it down, lol. So I bit the bullet and I did it and it is so Sah-weet!!!
Love it.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to IMore. I'm not a seasoned member like others but you gave a very nice introduction. I hope you enjoy it here. This is the best iPhone forum you will find. Enjoy! 😀

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to IMore. I'm not a seasoned member like others but you gave a very nice introduction. I hope you enjoy it here. This is the best iPhone forum you will find. Enjoy!

Say what? Girl, you've been a member since 2009. You're seasoned to the point of being salty...(laughing)

John Crist

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
The culture here is much different than CB. You'll see me post from my Sexy Beast of a Note 4 and no one here has a conniption. Or from my Sexy Red Lumia 1520 and no one chases me with pitchforks and torches (pun intended.) This is a very relaxed, friendly place where the use of multiple platforms is viewed as simply someone's preference, no biggie.

I couldn't agree more. I've not posted much as I have a lack of real reference until my 6+ comes in, but I've been reading and I've noticed the different signatures at times from users depending on the platform they're using at the moment of posting. I can't tell you the number of comments over at CB in the middle of threads with platform bashing. Interestingly there's plenty of comments about the iSheep crowd, yet most of the folks I see posting regularly insist that BlackBerry 10 be the end all be all and anyone saying otherwise (of which I was one) should be burned at the steak, even if just commenting on the present use of a 9900. It's absurd.

Fortunately I've seen none of that here. AT WORST I've seen comments relating against spec bashing which, in it's own right, is a good and healthy stance to have. I definitely feel like the community here is much MUCH tighter than it is over at CB. I can't say that I won't have BBM installed on my 6+ and I'll definitely still be participating over there with my Z30 and following what's going on, but as far as a daily driver 'community', iMore definitely feels more welcoming.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I can't say that I won't have BBM installed on my 6+ and I'll definitely still be participating over there with my Z30 and following what's going on, but as far as a daily driver 'community', iMore definitely feels more welcoming.

Find comfort in knowing that a lot of members here have the BBM app installed on their iOS devices. Heck, I had it installed for a period of time, but rarely used it so I deleted it from my device. As for iMore feeling more welcoming, we appreciate that. We do try our best to welcoming and accommodating as best as we can. ...;)

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I've got a BlackBerry, iPhone, Windows phone and an Android. Each forum of Mobile Nations is different but exciting. You've got the diehards, the jumpers (like myself), the trolls, and the haters.

With all groups you've just got to have fun and enjoy yourself.

With that being said, Welcome and enjoy your time here!

John Crist

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I've got a BlackBerry, iPhone, Windows phone and an Android. Each forum of Mobile Nations is different but exciting. You've got the diehards, the jumpers (like myself), the trolls, and the haters.

With all groups you've just got to have fun and enjoy yourself.

With that being said, Welcome and enjoy your time here!

Thank you, and I must say, I absolutely LOVE your name :D

Posted from my iPhone via Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm so opposite from you. Went back to the 4' screen. Also getting a 4s to use with my AT&T account.
I was looking at my devices last night. The smallest one is my iPhone 6. And I dint find the Note 4 to be so big anymore.

I can't imagine going to a small device again.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Welcome John. I had a Blackberry for about eight years when I used to work for the UK Government and I have to be honest, I found the ecosystem to be confusing and unintuitive. I've usually run two phones side-by-side and along with an iPhone, i've had a succession of Android devices, mainly for the larger screen.

Now, with the larger iPhones, I have consolidated all into one ecosystem and I love it.

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Welcome aboard! I jumped off the #TeamBlackBerry bandwagon about a month ago when I found someone willing to trade his iPhone 5C for my Q10. Honestly, I've been asking myself why I didn't make the switch sooner. The experience has been wonderful, and I've gotten sucked into the Apple style and ecosystem.

I've started using my iCloud email as my primary personal email account, and have enjoyed using iCloud Drive, Pages, Numbers, and the rest of the iCloud suite of apps and services. I love how they integrate seamlessly with my iPhone.

The quality and variety of apps available on iOS is also amazing. It's so nice to not have to endure a sub-par app experience anymore.

I'm planning on upgrading to an iPhone 6S Plus at the end of this year. I also want the new Apple TV.

Let us know how you like your new iPhone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner