Never Thought I Would Say This

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome message. I should have mentioned I still use a Q10 on BES for work. That is all that is offered. I previously used two Q10's, one for personal and one for work. I'm using the iPhone for personal use and I do really like it. For personal use I probably already would choose iPhone over my BlackBerry. That said if I only needed a work phone I'd probably stick with the Q10. But you're most certainly right, that opinion may change with more time using the phone.

I work for the federal government and they recently moved my agency from Blackberry to a choice of either iPhone 6 or Samsung SG5s. I actually was at a meeting yesterday and it suddenly struck me how easily we all made the transition to our non Blackberry devices.

I personally chose the Samsung SG5S because of the removable battery but most people picked the iPhone 6. And I've noticed that even at their desks a lot of people will pick up the phone to answer an email instead of using the desktop. That's the level of ease with the transition.

Anyway enjoy your devices! Each one is different. Personally my Q10 was very very likely the last Blackberry I will ever own.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Tre Lawrence

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome! Good to see ya!

A lot of the CB vets have become more, uh, universal it seems. Nothing wrong with trying and enjoying new things.

I admit, I still like my BB devices...

knighty2112

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Why the hate? Is it necessary? If I would have introduced myself and said all great things about the iPhone 6 and nothing about BlackBerry you would not have even commented. Seriously, "die the quiet death it deserves...". Who even talks like that. Don't respond unless you have something objective to say.

Whilst it is undeniable that the BlackBerry market share is dwindling, and even If I may never buy another BlackBerry phone ever again, I would hate to see BlackBerry disappear as a phone manufacturer.

Sometimes the people who spout off hate for either BlackBerry, Apple, Samsung etc, remind me of football (soccer to you guys in the US) fans who taunt and chant insults to each other during a match, with the occasional beer bottle or seat been thrown across too. Personally don't subscribe to this kind of fandom regardless of whatever phone I own. After all we are just talking about an electronic device here, so the patriotic zeal that some have for a particular brand always seems kind of silly. Don't see many people spouting off that their TV, DVD etc brand is the absolute best, and all others are garbage. Cell phones seems to bring out the worst in some people's nature it seems. Each to their own, no matter what that brand may be. 'Tis only a phone, no matter how expensive or shiny it might be.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't know how many times I've said "it's only a phone."

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome! Good to see ya!

A lot of the CB vets have become more, uh, universal it seems.
I admit, I still like my BB devices...

This is what any species would do when staring down the barrel of extinction. The sad part is that many of the "former' CB people here were actually once CB attack dogs.

I didn't really follow CB until I got the Playbook(we won't even get into that), but some of the folks I see over here now were very nasty folks to any 'outsiders'.

Now they're here. Life is indeed funny.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Why the hate? Is it necessary? If I would have introduced myself and said all great things about the iPhone 6 and nothing about BlackBerry you would not have even commented. Seriously, "die the quiet death it deserves...". Who even talks like that. Don't respond unless you have something objective to say.
What hate? I was under the impression we were "checking facts", and discussing you being delusional about the fate of BlackBerry ...

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
What hate? I was under the impression we were "checking facts", and discussing you being delusional about the fate of BlackBerry ...

Here's a fact. I've read your posts in a lot of other threads and you have nothing of substance really to add. Your pretty much combative in every thread. We've got terms for that, but I'd rather not get banned. So I'm sure your a super nice person with great intentions. Thanks for your welcome message and commentary.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Here's a fact. I've read your posts in a lot of other threads and you have nothing of substance really to add. Your pretty much combative in every thread. We've got terms for that, but I'd rather not get banned. So I'm sure your a super nice person with great intentions. Thanks for your welcome message and commentary.

By responding to that (which you know he will respond to that) it's opening the door wider for combative conversation. Best just to move on from these types of things and find a more useful conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
By responding to that (which you know he will respond to that) it's opening the door wider for combative conversation. Best just to move on from these types of things and find a more useful conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I concur. Will do.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The Passport sold 2 million outside the U.S. with the U.S. launch still to come.

Wooooahhhhh champ...hold on a second there, your Blackberry coloured glasses appear to have skewed your vision. You added an extra undeserved zero to your "fact".

They sold 200,000 passports at last count, and only into the channel, not to actual customers.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Wooooahhhhh champ...hold on a second there, your Blackberry coloured glasses appear to have skewed your vision. You added an extra undeserved zero to your "fact".

They sold 200,000 passports at last count, and only into the channel, not to actual customers.

True those 200,000 were sell-in not sell-through, did blackberry make anymore or was that the total production run?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Actually, if you check BlackBerry's Fact Check site, you'll see they took 200,000 preorders of the Passport on Day One between ShopBlackBerry and Amazon. And yes, 2 million have been sold direct to consumers outside the U.S. Seriously, though...let it go. I've moved on an am using an iPhone and have said all good things about Apple. It's okay to have moved on to the iPhone and be happy with it while recognizing BlackBerry has its advantages in a few ways.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Actually, if you check BlackBerry's Fact Check site, you'll see they took 200,000 preorders of the Passport on Day One between ShopBlackBerry and Amazon. And yes, 2 million have been sold direct to consumers outside the U.S. Seriously, though...let it go. I've moved on an am using an iPhone and have said all good things about Apple. It's okay to have moved on to the iPhone and be happy with it while recognizing BlackBerry has its advantages in a few ways.

Did the fact check site (blackberry pr) reveal another 200,000 milestone for the passport? No. Didn't think so.

It doesn't even look like the passport broke the half a million units mark.

If blackberry had any advantages other than being cheap they would have a larger user base/market share. They don't.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Same here mate! I was faithful to Blackberry until Torch and then I finally gave up! I made switch to Z10 in Dec 2013 but couldn't last for more than a month.

Like you, even I am not much into apps but the quality of the apps are superior to any other platform. Banking, travel, weather, sports, movies are the areas of which I usually download/use and I am pretty much content with it. Besides this, the build quality of Apple is known to everyone.

I have MacBook Air, iPad so an addition of iPhone in their ecosystem was a no brainier.

Enjoy and peace out.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Bringing the discussion back to Apple and iPhones and welcoming a new member.....hope you enjoy your iPhone OP! I'm completely happy with my iOS experience. So much so that I'll be getting a MacBook Pro this year.
Glad you're here!!!!!

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

Strange, I don't even see anything on the fact check about passport sales. BlackBerry Fact Check | Inside BlackBerry

I think you need some fact checking done.

The only number ever mentioned was the 200k orders. That same number was reiterated at the earnings call in December with the excuse that there was a long lead-time on producing more units.

So if you expect any credibility, you'll need to back up that 2 million number with some facts. Google sure couldn't find anything about it, so I'm eager to see your source.

Or, if you're truly here to explore the community, then please enjoy but refrain from the Blackberry evangelism and rumour spreading. That stuff doesn't generally fly outside of the crackberry litterbox.

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Guys - I don't want to stifle conversation and I'm hardly a BlackBerry fan these days. However, I think we're being a bit hard on a new member.
Can we welcome him and leave the rest? I'd hate to behave in the same way other sites behave.
Please let's just say welcome.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Guys - I don't want to stifle conversation and I'm hardly a BlackBerry fan these days. However, I think we're being a bit hard on a new member.
Can we welcome him and leave the rest? I'd hate to behave in the same way other sites behave.
Please let's just say welcome.

I agree. Take it easy, guys! Enjoy your respective device(s) :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal