Wish to say hello.

BitPusher2600

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello folks. My name is Queue, and I'm honestly surprised to find myself here, iPhone in hand.

I am 32 years old and grew up with Apple. My kindergarten was the first in the area to get a computer, which was an Apple //e. I was five when I got my own computer for Christmas, which was a little Mac SE. While Apple made me the nerd I am today, having lived and breathed Mac OS, I lost interest (and it broke my heart) when OS X came to light, and I hadn't tried it myself until 10.3 came out. I was so sad when the switch to Intel was announced and refused for some time to let go of Mac OS.

Everyone can call me crazy but I didn't like the new Apple, and definitely not the OS everyone knew was such an evolution over what's now called "Classic." To me, OS 9 was the last 'true' Macintosh OS. As such, I still loved Steve Jobs immensely and always will. There is also a happy Mac icon tattooed on my right wrist :)

Now, with my Apple being no more, I ventured heavily into Linux a la Slackware. For smartphones, the first real love of my life was BlackBerry. I have quite a history with them and loved every second up until BB10 was announced to contain Android in its runtime. To skip an awful long list of blab, I'll just admit that I despise Google Inc for everything they are and will have never ever allow Android anything into my life. Most recently, on contract and mighty cheap, I went for a Samsung Ativ S Neo Windows Phone. Enjoying the classic Mac vs PC concept for most of all of my youth, using a Microsoft product sounded funny to me but honestly, I think all that is modern Windows is awesome. I also have mostly good things to say about Windows Phone, really like it but it doesn't have that hand in glove feel I had with BlackBerry for so long.

I have avoided Apple of the present day including the iPhone for many reasons aside from my low income as a floor cleaner. I see a certain couple of people "types" or demographics that surely kept me away because they are not the kind of people I tolerate hanging around. I also rather saw iOS as a Fischer Price user experience compared to that which introduced me to the smartphone world and made the smartphone the single most important possession I wouldn't want to live without (thanks for that BlackBerry). Still, I have missed the old Apple that I practically lived for as a child and teenager. I finally decided to give the iPhone a chance when someone I spotted while browsing Craigslist one day had this bad boy up for all of $120. That's actually a lot of money for someone who lives in a studio apartment and is quite the ramen noodle chef. I had it at the time and was a bit curious. If anything, it would be something decent for my daughter to play with as well as me so I gave it shot. This last week has been something. I couldn't otherwise afford one of these and iPads and Macs are outside the realm of reality for me. To be blunt, I regret my disdain of the iPhone itself. There may be certain demographics attached that are really not my type of people, but I'm honestly loving every second with this device. The UI aesthetics are clean, everything is smooth as silk and the quality of the apps I use or have toyed with is top notch.

I can't say I'm still all to keen on modern Apple, but as a new iPhone lover and loyalist of the original "Apple Computer Inc.", I'd like to hang around here for a bit, hopefully not making any enemies :)

And yes, I still use my old OS9 powered G4 tower when I'm feeling nostalgic, and to manage my blog amongst other things, then proceed to watch Pirates Of Silicon Valley for a millionth time. I am sorry for the excessively long post, wouldn't blame ya for skipping it. Take care all.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
BitPusher2600 - I think I recognise you. Welcome to iMore. There are great people here. Very happy to have you join us.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s until my iPhone 6 128G Gold arrives

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello BitPusher2600, thank you for sharing your story (I didn't skip a bit) and welcome to iMore.
As you can imagine there are all types of people here, but for the most part it's a nice forum to stick around, you learn and are able to help a lot.

Hope to see you around.

BitPusher2600

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
BitPusher2600 - I think I recognise you. Welcome to iMore. There are great people here. Very happy to have you join us.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s until my iPhone 6 128G Gold arrives

Haha yes! A few years at CrackBerry I definitely know your name. And there were always those occassional few who delighted in giving you flack when you'd mention your iPhone, not to mention poor ol' Kevin. I miss BlackBerry (and CrackBerry) of old dearly but I guess even as stubborn as I am things manage to change don't they? Crunchy (with ketchup) as ever :)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Haha yes! A few years at CrackBerry I definitely know your name. And there were always those occassional few who delighted in giving you flack when you'd mention your iPhone, not to mention poor ol' Kevin. I miss BlackBerry (and CrackBerry) of old dearly but I guess even as stubborn as I am things manage to change don't they? Crunchy (with ketchup) as ever :)

Oh there was definitely flak when I mentioned that my iPhone was more "there" for me than my BlackBerry! And poor Kevin....the idea of what they put him through in the site *HE* created. Anyway, it's OK....this is a great place. We have fun and we enjoy our phones and are happy to have others enjoy theirs. And when a person causes mayhem, he/she learns that this community doesn't tolerate it. No appeasers here.

Enjoy looking through the forums. It's set up a tad differently than CB but I don't think you'll have problems navigating.

Again, welcome!!!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR