Greetings. I am "Rafagon", from my real name, Rafael. I have been a resident of Miami, FL since early 1974, and I was born in Madrid, Spain in 1973. For a rather long time now, I've disliked Miami and I hope to get out of here one day.

I am an iPhone, Mac, and, more generally, high-tech gadget fan who has used computers since the days of the Sears Video Arcade (AKA Atari 2600 clone). I've owned a few Atari 8-bit computers in the past (1200XL, 600XL and 130XE) before graduating to the IBM PC family, then the IBM PS/2 family, and an IBM Aptiva machine later on. One fateful day, I purchased a Mac Mini and that was the beginning of the end of my PC era as far as using these goes, but I still fondly remember my IBM machines, DOS, and those old version of Microsoft Windows. I enjoy running emulators of old machines on OS X.

I have an older iMac (2009) and an older MBA (2010). The iMac is still quite fit for my needs, which are, for the most part, Internet surfing, iTunes, MS Office apps, those apps' analogues on OS X, and some light and very casual Photoshop.

For fun, albeit quite devotedly, I study foreign languages. Favorites include French and Greek, both of which I've studied for over a decade each.

What else... I listen to many types of music but I usually tend to focus most of my energy on a limited number of bands. I have downloaded and played with a plethora of iPhone apps but have only kept relatively few of them installed on my iPhone, even fewer of which get daily use. I still play Words With Friends almost daily. And lastly, In the USA, I would love to live anywhere in Virginia, and internationally, Greeceinstead of where I live.
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    09-04-2014 02:24 PM
    Welcome to iMore , and thank you for introducing yourself to us...
    Rafagon likes this.
    09-04-2014 02:26 PM
    Welcome to iMore and thank you for introducing yourself.
    Rafagon likes this.
    09-04-2014 02:27 PM
    Welcome to iMore. Enjoy your stay!
    Rafagon likes this.
    09-04-2014 02:35 PM
    Welcome to iMore Rafael....ENJOY
    Rafagon likes this.
    09-04-2014 02:43 PM
    Welcome Rafagon! It's your move!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    Rafagon likes this.
    09-04-2014 02:44 PM
    Greek!!!! I love Greek...almost as much as French. My university French is very rusty. Embarrassingly so.

Welcome to iMore! We're happy to have you.

By the way....saludos. Mi familia es en parte cubana, pero de raices vizcainas.
    Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s
    Rafagon likes this.
    09-04-2014 02:45 PM
    Hi there. Welcome to iMore.
    Rafagon likes this.
    09-04-2014 02:46 PM
    Welcome Rafael, nice introduction! Enjoy your stay!
    Rafagon likes this.
    09-04-2014 03:06 PM
    Thank you, all, for having me and giving me a warm welcome!

And I would like to extend a hearty thank you to Mr. Ledsteplin for having invited me here. He's been mentioning imore to me for a few weeks now, and I finally got around to it today. As it were, I had an account here on imore from before, but I had failed to make any posts. So far the forums are looking great, so it was obviously my loss for not getting involved sooner!
    Spencerdl and EmceeGeek like this.
    09-04-2014 04:52 PM
    Never to late, enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Rafagon likes this.
    09-04-2014 04:54 PM
    Greek!!!! I love Greek...almost as much as French. My university French is very rusty. Embarrassingly so.

Welcome to iMore! We're happy to have you.

By the way....saludos. Mi familia es en parte cubana, pero de raices vizcainas.
    Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s
    Awesome, a fellow polyglot, I see!

I currently focus the majority of my energies on Greek, and, at the risk of sounding like a language geek of the extreme variety, I have a soft spot for languages that don't use the Latin alphabet. This dates back to eons ago when I I had a French teacher in Jr. High School who had mentioned to the class that she'd studied Russian. One day I found the Russian word for "Pepsi" somewhere (the Internet wasn't around back then!) and I wrote the letters on a piece of paper, and I asked her to read it out for me. When shequite successfullyread it, I remember being fascinated beyond description, as if she had just waved a wand and levitated a desk before my very eyes.
    09-04-2014 05:05 PM
    It's great to have you here! Welcome
    Rafagon likes this.
    09-04-2014 05:11 PM
    Welcome aboard.
    Rafagon likes this.
    09-04-2014 06:30 PM
    Welcome to iMore, Rafael
    Rafagon likes this.
    09-04-2014 09:45 PM
    Welcome to iMore!
    Rafagon likes this.
    09-05-2014 11:27 PM
    Awesome, a fellow polyglot, I see!

I currently focus the majority of my energies on Greek, and, at the risk of sounding like a language geek of the extreme variety, I have a soft spot for languages that don't use the Latin alphabet. This dates back to eons ago when I I had a French teacher in Jr. High School who had mentioned to the class that she'd studied Russian. One day I found the Russian word for "Pepsi" somewhere (the Internet wasn't around back then!) and I wrote the letters on a piece of paper, and I asked her to read it out for me. When she—quite successfully—read it, I remember being fascinated beyond description, as if she had just waved a wand and levitated a desk before my very eyes.
    Oh wait, mi amor, I don't want to mislead you. I don't speak Greek, I just love the sound of it. I love the sounds of languages very different from my own.
    Rafagon likes this.
    09-06-2014 08:46 AM
    10-21-2014 07:47 AM
    10-21-2014 07:52 AM
    Welcome to iMore

Enjoy and Post Often 😃
    10-21-2014 08:03 AM
    Hello! Welcome to iMore.com.

As Team Leader I hope all your questions are answered in the forums. We have a tremendous user-base that is very helpful and knowledgeable. If you need anything, please reach out to me.

Thanks and again glad to have you here
    11-10-2014 09:39 AM