Windows Phone user over here.

otromateo

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey, guys! I'm a WP 8.1 user (Lumia 820), and I want to switch to iOS because of the app gap and the lack of interest from the developers on the platform. Should I make the change? If so I should start with an iPhone or with another device (like an iPod or an iPad)? Please help!

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey, guys! I'm a WP 8.1 user (Lumia 820), and I want to switch to iOS because of the app gap and the lack of interest from the developers on the platform. Should I make the change? If so I should start with an iPhone or with another device (like an iPod or an iPad)? Please help!

Welcome to iMore,its hard for someone else to answer if you should, all depends on what your looking for in a device. If its apps, IOS has them. Best bet would be to go and try one out.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. In regard to your question, I agree with Taz323, however, I'll add that if the phone is more important to you on a daily basis than a tablet then go with the iPhone.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. I would go to a store and take a look at the devices. Choose whatever works best for you. Good luck.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

There?s iPhone. And then there?s everything else.

I'd go with the iPhone 😉

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You are off to a good start by joining iMore and becoming a registered member. It would seem that you need the phone and that would give you the most benefit. An iPad can always be added later on. Good luck with your decision. :)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore OP!

I steer clear of telling people what they should buy. In your instance, apps are a consideration so you would find that Apple has what you want, as far as that's concerned.

Visit our forums. Engage our members. Ask questions. Visit an Apple store.

READ. ��

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I'd suggest going to a store and checking out the devices. If you think you're happy with your phone until your contract is up, I guess I would suggest an iPad.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! If there is a T-Mobile store near you, you could try an iPhone 5S for a week-for free!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boothes18

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I had the HTC Trophy, Lumia 928 (best, by far), and then the Lumia Icon before my transition to the 5c. There are still certain things I miss from WP, but I am glad I made the change! And I wouldn't try getting another device to fill in the gap.... you are with your phone the most and you do miss having apps available on your primary device.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

You could always try an iPhone through T-Mobile's Test Drive program for 7 days to get a feel for the ecosystem. Another good option to test out the iOS ecosystem is to buy an iPod Touch 5g :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2