Hi All, I switched from BB10 to the iPhone 5s

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Um no.
Emerging markets have collapsed for blackberry.
Bb shipped more than 4 million bb10 devices I believe the number is around 6 or 7 million, unfortunately they sold less. You can check the earnings report, sell through was consistently around or less then 60% (not counting deferred shipments or returns).
Bb10 is an utter failure for bb, they are even bringing back the belt (buttons) found in legacy bb devices because their gesture based os wasn't SELLING.

Emerging or developed market, neither makes a difference. Blackberry has lost marketshare everywhere, even in Indonesia where blackberry's marketshare has declined from 40% to 14%.

I was just at mwc, rumor over there was that BB's worldwide marketshare has now dipped below 20 million and dropping fast.
May they RIP.

Ps: "BlackBerry loses $4.4 billion on unsold phones, up from a $965 million loss the previous quarter"

http://arstechnica.com/business/201...llion-on-unsold-phones-declining-asset-value/

Strong sales :ROFLMAO:

Please reread my comments, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Stardoll

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello! I'm a bit of a newbie too, so welcome!

I love BlackBerry, I really do. When it comes to messaging nothing else can be beat. For months I was dissatisfied with my iPhone's silly fetch email. But the lack of apps just...got to me after awhile, I felt left out from my friends' social junk. Each phone has its strength and weakness, but like you said, the iPhone is worth it!

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Same here bud. Loved BlackBerry and switched back and forth b/w Z10 and iPhone 5 for a month but eventually, I had to give up on Z10.

Happy to stay on iPhone 5. Have been using this device since 13 months

Long time BlackBerry user, loved the legacy devices and tried to love BB10, but grew tired of the lack of apps and overall functionality. I had dabbled in iPhones before, but always went back to BB. Well, I had activated my old 4s about a week ago and realized that it was much more polished and had "more of what I needed" so went to the local Apple store and got a 5s...off contract. Not a cheap return to the iOS world. So far, it has been worth it...functions as I want, fast and smooth, and the apps that I need.

Just wanted to share that I think that I have found a winner!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73