Hi All, I switched from BB10 to the iPhone 5s

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
He is correct as I also just use my iPhone 4 for a couple apps I cant get on my BB Z10. The app situation is a weird one because you can put android apps on the Z10 but its not native. Typical people dismiss BB because of the lack of apps which also makes them think the OS sucks. The OS is years ahead of its time, all thought it a bit difficult at first the speed at which you get things done is greater on the Z10 than my iPhone. With time I think BB will totally out class Apple in the OS department but the app situation is a different subject. At the end of the day I'm still PRO BlackBerry!!!:cool:

I, too, am still pro Blackberry, but not to the degree that I once was. I've stated on more occasions that I care to recall where I've stated that I look forward to returning to Blackberry devices, however, their current overall offerings will not pry me away from the offerings I've come to enjoy with Apple.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I, too, am still pro Blackberry, but not to the degree that I once was. I've stated on more occasions that I care to recall where I've stated that I look forward to returning to Blackberry devices, however, their current overall offerings will not pry me away from the offerings I've come to enjoy with Apple.

I don't think BBerry will outclass iOS totally ever , Apple is very good at making great interfaces, but prosumer market has never been their strong point, they are for creative types, not hardcore business folks IMHO. bBerry is just comprehending the synergy between business and consumers. The bb10 devices are the best they've ever made, I've literally had people tell me how much Bberry sucks pick up my z10, then go you've got a nice phone , which maker is that. I say it's aBberry they are like really. I'm like yes this is part of their new bb10 devices, they were like I had no idea they even had new devices or truly just touch devices. I own bith z10 and 5s, before you say you'd never return Bberry have you actually used a bb10 device or are you comparing your iphone to an outdated Bberry model, because the new bb10 devices are completely different it's not even the same underlying architecture.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think BBerry will outclass iOS totally ever , Apple is very good at making great interfaces, but prosumer market has never been their strong point, they are for creative types, not hardcore business folks IMHO. bBerry is just comprehending the synergy between business and consumers. The bb10 devices are the best they've ever made, I've literally had people tell me how much Bberry sucks pick up my z10, then go you've got a nice phone , which maker is that. I say it's aBberry they are like really. I'm like yes this is part of their new bb10 devices, they were like I had no idea they even had new devices or truly just touch devices. I own bith z10 and 5s, before you say you'd never return Bberry have you actually used a bb10 device or are you comparing your iphone to an outdated Bberry model, because the new bb10 devices are completely different it's not even the same underlying architecture.

I don't doubt at all, but I do have one gripe. I've never stated or hinted that I would never return to Blackberry. In fact, I've stated on numerous occasions, including my post above, that I look forward to returning to Blackberry devices. The devices you mention ARE VERY NICE indeed, but not enough to pry me from my iPhone at this time. Everything I need to do, I am currently able to do so there is no need for me to move away from Apple. In other words, the comfort I once shared with Blackberry devices is being shared with Apple devices and no matter how much I adore Blackberry, I'm staying put for now....:)

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't doubt at all, but I do have one gripe. I've never stated or hinted that I would never return to Blackberry. In fact, I've stated on numerous occasions, including my post above, that I look forward to returning to Blackberry devices. The devices you mention ARE VERY NICE indeed, but not enough to pry me from my iPhone at this time. Everything I need to do, I am currently able to do so there is no need for me to move away from Apple. In other words, the comfort I once shared with Blackberry devices is being shared with Apple devices and no matter how much I adore Blackberry, I'm staying put for now....:)

I'm not saying you should or have to return, I'm just asking if you've actually used the new devices. I say use which ever device makes you happy, but since I can use both I don't have to choose. Just wondering if your opinion was born out of actual use or not?

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Have to disagree. Hands down BB10 in terms of OS purely it's set the standard, especially for multitasking on a mobile device. Productivity it's not even close, I've got z10 and 5s, so it's no fandom. If Bberry had this OS out 2 years ago they wouldn't have lost the mindshare which selling devices really has become about. Gestured based OS although more complicated are the move only way to really navigate on small real estate of mobile device in multitasking mode. BB10 does this better than any mobile OS, next time try and check your text message while in your game on your iphone without leaving the app? Something peak and hub gesture on BB10 allows. And while the app maturity is lacking on BB10 , all major apps have a native bb10 app, and the web browser on bb10 is best on mobile device I've seen, you can even put it in desktop mode so all sites are rendered like your desktop and not in some cases rendered as the mobile version. Productivity ie excel, word, exchange, etc ... Integration is still light years better on bb10.

The big advantage I find on iOS is the app maturity but again this Bberry marketing is atrocious , people consider this a part of Bberry putting out a shoddy product, this is not Bberry bb10 OS related other than bb10 is a new ecosystem and it takes time for devs to learn new dev kits as well as get incentive to build native apps. It took what 18 months for even a native Instagram app on android. bberry management needs to do their part to regain mindshare that's their number one problem, but bb10 as a product is freaking awesome as an OS. It's a shame too so few have actually used it. Again though I have both phones so I can have the best of both worlds.

I don't use the device for personal reasons, so I don't download apps or play games on it. I mainly use the z10 for work, such as email, bbm and light browsing. You have much more experience in using the device widely so I'll take your word for it. I wasn't basing my opinion on apps or typing while gaming, but having used both I didn't understand the "set standards" term...you have a broader sense than me.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't use the device for personal reasons, so I don't download apps or play games on it. I mainly use the z10 for work, such as email, bbm and light browsing. You have much more experience in using the device widely so I'll take your word for it. I wasn't basing my opinion on apps or typing while gaming, but having used both I didn't understand the "set standards" term...you have a broader sense than me.

I was agreeing with you, but ageed if you are talking of productivity yes berry has st the standard, I don't game etc either on phone. For actually doing office productivity the z10. Email integration is light years better on z10

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

As I said when in a response to my original post, "I know that some BB users will feel that I sold out, but I still have my Z10 and Q10. When BB10 (and the app situation) matures...who knows?"

Right now I am enjoying rocking the 5s.

I have been a diehard BB user, and BB10 (Z10, Q10) are amazing devices, however the "maturity" of the OS and the app situation have made me love (right now) my new GOLD 5s.

Last edited:

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Maturity of OS and maturity of app situation are two distinct things. The OS is pretty mature, especially 10.2, the app situation not so much. The OS and the apps are two separate things though, people talk about them as though they are 1 thing. And nobody here has issue with you going to an iphone I have an iphone. I just like to make sure discussions are based in facts.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not saying you should or have to return, I'm just asking if you've actually used the new devices.
The only use I've had of the two Blackberry device you referenced were demo models for a few minutes.
I say use which ever device makes you happy, but since I can use both I don't have to choose. Just wondering if your opinion was born out of actual use or not?
Only for a few minutes with the demo models.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Maturity of OS and maturity of app situation are two distinct things. The OS is pretty mature, especially 10.2, the app situation not so much. The OS and the apps are two separate things though, people talk about them as though they are 1 thing. And nobody here has issue with you going to an iphone I have an iphone. I just like to make sure discussions are based in facts.

I understand that the maturity of the OS and the app situation are two distinct things. However, 10.2 hasn't been released by AT&T, people are running leaks, so to me the OS has not yet matured. I like to make decisions based on facts also...the fact is that 10.2 is not yet official which, in my opinion, leaves BB10 lacking.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the 5s now and may revisit BB10 in the future.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I understand that the maturity of the OS and the app situation are two distinct things. However, 10.2 hasn't been released by AT&T, people are running leaks, so to me the OS has not yet matured. I like to make decisions based on facts also...the fact is that 10.2 is not yet official which, in my opinion, leaves BB10 lacking.

Yeah, the carriers have really left bb10 high and dry, Apple was smart to control upgrades. Berry should make it even easier to upgrade without relying on carrier. 10.2 is officially out who knows though when ATT will release it if they will at all, I get the impression BBerry is the last thing on their mind

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Welcome back to an iPhone Frehley. You will find that many of us were previous Blackberry owners.

Glad you are enjoying your new iPhone 5s! To sum my experience with my iPhone 5 is that it dependable and current.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I had a BB Z10 and I hated the thing. Sure back in the day it was the "Cool" thing to have. Now it's just a cluster and is only really useful for email. Which was pretty much what it had originally been made for right?

Just my opinion of course but I think they should just stay in the business market.

Oh and welcome! I'm on my first iDevice myself. =]

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I had a BB Z10 and I hated the thing. Sure back in the day it was the "Cool" thing to have. Now it's just a cluster and is only really useful for email. Which was pretty much what it had originally been made for right?

Just my opinion of course but I think they should just stay in the business market.

Oh and welcome! I'm on my first iDevice myself. =]

You wouldn't be alone, the z10 had an unusually high return rate. In fact the write down on bb10 devices brought the company to it knees.

Enjoy your iPhone.

To the op: congrats on your new purchase.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
You wouldn't be alone, the z10 had an unusually high return rate. In fact the write down on bb10 devices brought the company to it knees.

Enjoy your iPhone.

To the op: congrats on your new purchase.

Not at all true. It had fewer sales than anticipated but it did not have a high return rate, most of the people who bought it were/are bberry fans.

But carriers gave it zero love. Try going in and asking about it, first thing sales people said either what is it didn't know about it, or why do you want a bberry let me show you and iphone or this Samsung. This was exact experience I had and many notes it in crack berry forums.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox