just see effect of mobile market that BB slashed there 1st BB10os device Z10 prices to RS-18000 from rs3000 in india.
    Yes it's been more than year since release of z10, of course pricing will go down. It's also true that bberry isn't selling enough bb10 devices. Bberries biggest issue is perception , the impending doom talk hurt sales, when sales guys make preposterous claims like the company is bankrupt and ask why would you get a berry, of course there will be issues. Although the state of affairs is made much dire than it was. Creating a self fulfilling prophecy.

The actual product is extremely good for those who have bothered to actually use it. the actual bb10 OS is extremely strong and IMHO the most advanced of the major mobile oS , which is expected it's only 1 year old. But This also hurts the ecosystem, iOS is 7 years old and android 5.5 years old, the app lead is clearly in the corner of the older platforms, and fact is people care more about apps and perception, than they do about features and functionality of the OS itself.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    02-27-2014 06:03 AM
    Welcome to iMore
    03-04-2014 03:15 AM
    Congrats!

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE
    03-04-2014 07:26 AM
    False number of users is still roughly 70 million, due to strong sales in emerging markets. Also incorrect bberry soldSHIPPED far more than 4 million bb10 devices , you are looking at numbers for 1 quarter. The issue is bbOS device sales are still stronger than bb10. Mainly due again to emerging market sales are still bbOS devices

Um no.
    Emerging markets have collapsed for blackberry.
    Bb shipped more than 4 million bb10 devices I believe the number is around 6 or 7 million, unfortunately they sold less. You can check the earnings report, sell through was consistently around or less then 60% (not counting deferred shipments or returns).
    Bb10 is an utter failure for bb, they are even bringing back the belt (buttons) found in legacy bb devices because their gesture based os wasn't SELLING.

Emerging or developed market, neither makes a difference. Blackberry has lost marketshare everywhere, even in Indonesia where blackberry's marketshare has declined from 40% to 14%.

I was just at mwc, rumor over there was that BB's worldwide marketshare has now dipped below 20 million and dropping fast.
    May they RIP.

Ps: "BlackBerry loses $4.4 billion on unsold phones, up from a $965 million loss the previous quarter"

http://arstechnica.com/business/2013...g-asset-value/

Strong sales :ROFLMAO:
    03-04-2014 04:34 PM
    Long time BlackBerry user, loved the legacy devices and tried to love BB10, but grew tired of the lack of apps and overall functionality. I had dabbled in iPhones before, but always went back to BB. Well, I had activated my old 4s about a week ago and realized that it was much more polished and had "more of what I needed" so went to the local Apple store and got a 5s...off contract. Not a cheap return to the iOS world. So far, it has been worth it...functions as I want, fast and smooth, and the apps that I need.

Just wanted to share that I think that I have found a winner!
    Welcome back to the iMore fold!
    03-04-2014 04:42 PM
    Um no.
    Emerging markets have collapsed for blackberry.
    Bb shipped more than 4 million bb10 devices I believe the number is around 6 or 7 million, unfortunately they sold less. You can check the earnings report, sell through was consistently around or less then 60% (not counting deferred shipments or returns).
    Bb10 is an utter failure for bb, they are even bringing back the belt (buttons) found in legacy bb devices because their gesture based os wasn't SELLING.

Emerging or developed market, neither makes a difference. Blackberry has lost marketshare everywhere, even in Indonesia where blackberry's marketshare has declined from 40% to 14%.

I was just at mwc, rumor over there was that BB's worldwide marketshare has now dipped below 20 million and dropping fast.
    May they RIP.

Ps: "BlackBerry loses $4.4 billion on unsold phones, up from a $965 million loss the previous quarter"

http://arstechnica.com/business/2013...g-asset-value/

Strong sales :ROFLMAO:
    Please reread my comments, thanks.

03-04-2014 04:50 PM
    Hello! I'm a bit of a newbie too, so welcome!

I love BlackBerry, I really do. When it comes to messaging nothing else can be beat. For months I was dissatisfied with my iPhone's silly fetch email. But the lack of apps just...got to me after awhile, I felt left out from my friends' social junk. Each phone has its strength and weakness, but like you said, the iPhone is worth it!
    03-10-2014 07:55 PM
    welcome to the forum
    03-21-2014 04:50 AM
    Please reread my comments, thanks.

No thank you.
    You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
    04-16-2014 09:16 AM
    Same here bud. Loved BlackBerry and switched back and forth b/w Z10 and iPhone 5 for a month but eventually, I had to give up on Z10.

Happy to stay on iPhone 5. Have been using this device since 13 months

Long time BlackBerry user, loved the legacy devices and tried to love BB10, but grew tired of the lack of apps and overall functionality. I had dabbled in iPhones before, but always went back to BB. Well, I had activated my old 4s about a week ago and realized that it was much more polished and had "more of what I needed" so went to the local Apple store and got a 5s...off contract. Not a cheap return to the iOS world. So far, it has been worth it...functions as I want, fast and smooth, and the apps that I need.

Just wanted to share that I think that I have found a winner!
    04-16-2014 09:19 AM
    No thank you.
    You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
    This discussion ended like 3 months ago?!?!

04-24-2014 10:29 PM
    This discussion ended like 3 months ago?!?!

Actually a month ago.
    04-25-2014 12:26 PM
87 ... 234