Is an Android guy welcome in here?

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Since aloomis76 (who's a Blackberry guy) ventured over here, I figure I'd do the same. :D To give you some background, yes, I'm an Android guy (first Android phone was a Google Nexus One), and have tinkered on it and other phones...rooted, flashed a custom ROM, dual-ported into a non-Android device (HP TouchPad), etc. But, I appreciate different platforms (WebOS, Symbian, WP, BB, iOS), and a have had dipped my toes into Apple waters in the past. I used the Macintosh Classic as my research desktop in my college days, and a few years ago my wife had the iPhone 3GS that I used on occasion. A few months ago, I started in a company where most of the office equipment is Apple-based. I was assigned a mid-2012 15" MacBook Pro, and I've grown to like it. You hear about Google employees use Macs and MacBooks at their office (a couple of my friends that work there love them), so it's not surprising that alot of the Google products and services seem to work seamlessly with Apple products.

Anyways, hope you all don't mind me poking around here, and feel free to ask me (mostly) anything! :)

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Everyone's welcome at iMore. What kind of community would we be if we didn't?
Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone 5 iMore App

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Since aloomis76 (who's a Blackberry guy) ventured over here, I figure I'd do the same. :D To give you some background, yes, I'm an Android guy (first Android phone was a Google Nexus One), and have tinkered on it and other phones...rooted, flashed a custom ROM, dual-ported into a non-Android device (HP TouchPad), etc. But, I appreciate different platforms (WebOS, Symbian, WP, BB, iOS), and a have had dipped my toes into Apple waters in the past. I used the Macintosh Classic as my research desktop in my college days, and a few years ago my wife had the iPhone 3GS that I used on occasion. A few months ago, I started in a company where most of the office equipment is Apple-based. I was assigned a mid-2012 15" MacBook Pro, and I've grown to like it. You hear about Google employees use Macs and MacBooks at their office (a couple of my friends that work there love them), so it's not surprising that alot of the Google products and services seem to work seamlessly with Apple products.

Anyways, hope you all don't mind me poking around here, and feel free to ask me (mostly) anything! :)

Welcome to iMore!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sure you are. Just be mindful that this site is Apple-centric and a majority of its members enjoy using Apple products and services. Having said that, welcome to iMore...:)

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I am also a new user here, but based on the attitudes from most of the users here at iMore I can assure you that you will be welcomed here. Welcome aboard fandroid lol! just messing around

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the welcomes, everyone! :)

Welcome aboard fandroid lol!

Yes, yes I am. :p You all could say I can be your Android/Chrome resource guru! If and when the Nexus 5 releases, you bet my "fandroid" skin comes out. ;)

Welcome to iMore. We're glad you decided to join our community. Enjoy your stay here!

Thanks, and after seeing your avatar, let's just pretend last night's game didn't happen, and Go Cardinals!

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Sure you are. Just be mindful that this site is Apple-centric and a majority of its members enjoy using Apple products and services. Having said that, welcome to iMore...:)

Totally understand. :) I can't be a total "fandroid" if I'm seriously considering my next personal laptop to be a MacBook Air, would it? ;)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

No get out !!! Haha jk welcome !!

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi Jacques! It's cool to wander between forums. I spend my time at CB, iMore and occasionally AC. Happy to meet you.

aloomis76

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Welcome from that BB guy lol I think you'll find a welcomed place here ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal