Just wanted to introduce myself to the forums here.

Former Iphone user from the first generation Iphone in 07, before that I was a blackberry user.
    Shifted back to bb early 08 because at the time my company did not permit iphone to access emails.

Currently have a z10 but acquired an iphone 5 today, still contemplating actually popping in that sim (after cutting it to nano size of course)

Regular fan of technology so I figure I'd give ios7 a shot..... Eventually when I get around to it

So I'll be browsing and "lurking" from time to time
    10-17-2013 05:27 PM
    welcome...
    10-17-2013 05:33 PM
    Hey now, welcome to iMore. You will have that SIM card trimmed and loaded very soon. Resisting the iPhone 5 is futile.
    10-17-2013 05:38 PM
    Welcome to iMore, and thank you for introducing yourself to us. If you haven't already, please take a moment to view our Community Rules & Guidelines HERE, and If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you again, and take care…

10-17-2013 05:39 PM
    Welcome to iMore tr1ad! We're glad you decided to join our family.
    10-17-2013 06:08 PM
    Welcome to IMore
    10-17-2013 06:50 PM
    Welcome to IMore
    Again a warm welcome ❤️

Sent from my sweet southern soulful Iphone 5.
    taz323 likes this.
    10-17-2013 07:15 PM
    You are like me before I always shift from bbm and iPhone but now currently using iPhone
    10-17-2013 07:28 PM
    Welcome tr1ad to the iMore Community ! The iPhone has a way of pulling you in
    10-17-2013 07:59 PM
    Greetings tr1ad, welcome to iMore!
    10-18-2013 07:57 AM
    Welcome to iMore. Hope you enjoy the community. Let us know how you like the iPhone 5 after you've had a chance to try it out.
    10-18-2013 08:42 AM
    Welcome to iMore tr1ad,

If you need help use the search tool found here: Search iMore

If you can't find what you are looking for just ask. That's why we are here.

Again Welcome to iMore and enjoy your stay!
    10-18-2013 10:45 AM
    thanks all
    10-18-2013 01:24 PM
    Welcome to iMore tr1ad, glad to have you!
    10-18-2013 02:02 PM
    There are many of us in here who used to be BB users. I was one until the October outage left me with a paperweight for 3 days.

​Welcome to iMore
    10-18-2013 02:05 PM
    Welcome from another BB user!!

Everyone has been really kind and supportive here so feel at home
    10-18-2013 02:35 PM
    Welcome tr1ad from CB land and we are happy you added iMore to your passport. We do not care what platform you are on now or will be going to. You are still in the Mobile Nations family and linked through your passport so stop in anytime and have some fun with us.

You never know how you might feel after joining in on our conversations and forums. No matter what have a great time, Have fun again and Welcome .
    Anilu7 likes this.
    10-18-2013 07:52 PM
    cut the sim and fired it up... feels a lot smaller in my hand than the z10

now to begin taking stuff off the micro sd and transferring it.

can i maintain folder for my photos or is all going to be in camera roll?
    10-18-2013 09:03 PM

So first off from here you should choose a forum appropriate area to ask you questions beyond the Intro forum reserved for a meet and greet. i am not quite sure what you are asking here but it sounds more like about your BB than an iOS device you say you want to give iOS 7 a shot when you get around to it? What are your 2 questions referring to about taking things off your micro sd and placing photos and such in folders?
    I am not just sure where you are going with this. You can though I can say place photos in folders and place them as a folder syncd to your phone. What goes into or on your camera roll are photos you take with your iPhones camera and same with video.

If now you can afford an appropriate forum to start a thread pertaining to what you wish to know more members will be more apt to see these questions, Ask them where they can be understood and we will all be happy as well as the many members to help give you the right answers. Thank you for understanding.
    10-18-2013 09:18 PM
    apologies
    10-18-2013 09:52 PM
    Just wanted to introduce myself to the forums here.

Former Iphone user from the first generation Iphone in 07, before that I was a blackberry user.
    Shifted back to bb early 08 because at the time my company did not permit iphone to access emails.

Currently have a z10 but acquired an iphone 5 today, still contemplating actually popping in that sim (after cutting it to nano size of course)

Regular fan of technology so I figure I'd give ios7 a shot..... Eventually when I get around to it

So I'll be browsing and "lurking" from time to time
    HEY BlackBerry Bro WELCOME!!

One thing you will find about this subsection of the MobileNations community is that it is every little bit as loyal as our home community. Choose you words carefully as you would with Crackberry, Ask for things politely, be friendly and have fun. These guys are great!

Unfortunatly apple still doesnt see the value of arbitrarily copying and pasting photos and files into the device like BlackBerry does. You still have to put all the photos in a folder and then tell itunes to sync that folder in. and im not sure but you can really sync different photos from different computers eiter
    Last edited by lui22; 10-19-2013 at 01:54 AM.
    10-19-2013 01:08 AM
    HEY BlackBerry Bro WELCOME!!

One thing you will find about this subsection of the MobileNations community is that it is every little bit as loyal as our home community. Choose you words carefully as you would with Crackberry, Ask for things politely, be friendly and have fun. These guys are great!
    I find that in iMore you have to be a little more careful. I can praise other devices more in CrackBerry without backlash rather than in iMore.

No offence guys!!!! Just speaking for my personal experience.
    aloomis76 and lui22 like this.
    10-19-2013 04:34 AM
    apologies
    Hey I don't know if you have opened a new thread for your queries, but I would like to chime in. I too was frustrated with the lack of folders for transferring old pictures, which would end up in camera roll.
    I still have utmost despise for itunes and never use it.
    I have downloaded an app called Folder Plus, which has a desktop utility too. I created various sub folders inside this such as Music, photos, etc and copy,pasted from computer.
    Download apps like apps of the day, apps gonefree, thorugh which I got Folder plus free of cost.
    There seems to be a similar app that is free today ( 19 Oct, Saturday) called Secrets Folder Pro by Gu Jing. Check it in the app store.
    10-19-2013 04:58 AM
    Welcome to imore. I was a past crackberry addict and member and still am. Changed over to an iPhone when my 9900 broke and still adapting to it. I miss my keyboard but I enjoy the app selection. I guess it's a give and a take.

Sent from my Gameboy Color
    10-19-2013 07:15 AM
    Welcome! Have you decided to put your iPhone 5 to use yet?
    10-19-2013 10:41 AM
29 12