Greetings from a bb user

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to introduce myself to the forums here.

Former Iphone user from the first generation Iphone in 07, before that I was a blackberry user.
Shifted back to bb early 08 because at the time my company did not permit iphone to access emails.

Currently have a z10 but acquired an iphone 5 today, still contemplating actually popping in that sim (after cutting it to nano size of course)

Regular fan of technology so I figure I'd give ios7 a shot..... Eventually when I get around to it

So I'll be browsing and "lurking" from time to time

HEY BlackBerry Bro WELCOME!!

One thing you will find about this subsection of the MobileNations community is that it is every little bit as loyal as our home community. Choose you words carefully as you would with Crackberry, Ask for things politely, be friendly and have fun. These guys are great!

cut the sim and fired it up... feels a lot smaller in my hand than the z10

now to begin taking stuff off the micro sd and transferring it.

can i maintain folder for my photos or is all going to be in camera roll?

Unfortunatly apple still doesnt see the value of arbitrarily copying and pasting photos and files into the device like BlackBerry does. You still have to put all the photos in a folder and then tell itunes to sync that folder in. and im not sure but you can really sync different photos from different computers eiter

Last edited:

Brutal Efficiency

May 22, 2013
Visit site
HEY BlackBerry Bro WELCOME!!

One thing you will find about this subsection of the MobileNations community is that it is every little bit as loyal as our home community. Choose you words carefully as you would with Crackberry, Ask for things politely, be friendly and have fun. These guys are great!

I find that in iMore you have to be a little more careful. I can praise other devices more in CrackBerry without backlash rather than in iMore.

No offence guys!!!! Just speaking for my personal experience.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
apologies

Hey I don't know if you have opened a new thread for your queries, but I would like to chime in. I too was frustrated with the lack of folders for transferring old pictures, which would end up in camera roll.
I still have utmost despise for itunes and never use it.
I have downloaded an app called Folder Plus, which has a desktop utility too. I created various sub folders inside this such as Music, photos, etc and copy,pasted from computer.
Download apps like apps of the day, apps gonefree, thorugh which I got Folder plus free of cost.
There seems to be a similar app that is free today ( 19 Oct, Saturday) called Secrets Folder Pro by Gu Jing. Check it in the app store.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to imore. I was a past crackberry addict and member and still am. Changed over to an iPhone when my 9900 broke and still adapting to it. I miss my keyboard but I enjoy the app selection. I guess it's a give and a take.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
put in the sim, started using it

first impression is that it's smooth.... some features lacking ( accustomed to everything in one place re: bb hub) keyboard is also not the same as the z10

read up on the battery saving tips (still not the best), and will browse the forums more

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Having used both, the iPhone is quite different from a BB10 device. I would just kick back and enjoy them both. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2