Is a BlackBerry guy welcome in here?

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
This is one of the best forums IMO for friendly users and respectful people, of course your welcome here. I just wouldn't go knocking anyone's apple if I were you lol jk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
What's up everyone. I'm primarily a BlackBerry user but I am very familiar with all mobile OS's and my wife currently uses an iPhone 5 so I hang our on iMore from time to time to make sure she is up to date on what's what with her device. I haven't really posted much here but trust me, I'm lurking about lol. So I just wanted to jump in and ask a simple question...as a primarily BlackBerry user...do I get to hang out and play with everyone else here or am I breaking some form of unwritten forum law that someone needs to school me on.

Thanks!

having done almost 60 (!!!) posts on this board I feel like I am definitely in a position to speak on behalf of the whole community... so get lost, outsider!

haha joking, welcome mate, pretty sure people will welcome you with open arms :)

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
What's up everyone. I'm primarily a BlackBerry user but I am very familiar with all mobile OS's and my wife currently uses an iPhone 5 so I hang our on iMore from time to time to make sure she is up to date on what's what with her device. I haven't really posted much here but trust me, I'm lurking about lol. So I just wanted to jump in and ask a simple question...as a primarily BlackBerry user...do I get to hang out and play with everyone else here or am I breaking some form of unwritten forum law that someone needs to school me on.

Thanks!

Unlike how many (myself included) have been told to "get off mah forum if you don't use a BB" by many of the more...vocal people at CB, yes, you are more than welcome here.

*waves*

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Unlike how many (myself included) have been told to "get off mah forum if you don't use a BB" by many of the more...vocal people at CB, yes, you are more than welcome here.

*waves*

Lol I was waiting for someone to throw that in there

Sent from my iPhone 5s

aloomis76

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
having done almost 60 (!!!) posts on this board I feel like I am definitely in a position to speak on behalf of the whole community... so get lost, outsider!

haha joking, welcome mate, pretty sure people will welcome you with open arms :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! That is ALMOST what I was expecting ;) jk Thanks!

aloomis76

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

*waves*

Unfortunately I have seen this happen over at CB...not making excuses for them but I also saw that they were saying it to someone who was basically trolling the CB forums. I'm sure it has probably happened on other occasions though as well. Just as I have heard of it happening here too. It's unfortunate. I don't think you were there doing that so you didn't deserve that (or anyone else for that matter) and so I'd like to extend and apology on behalf of the CB nation ;) Most of us are on the up and up :D

And just so I can get it out in the open...there will be no trolling from me :D I love a good discussion but I also respect that this is iMore and so all comments and discussions will be handled appropriately. Momma raised this boy with manners :yes:

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I have seen this happen over at CB...not making excuses for them but I also saw that they were saying it to someone who was basically trolling the CB forums. I'm sure it has probably happened on other occasions though as well. Just as I have heard of it happening here too. It's unfortunate. I don't think you were there doing that so you didn't deserve that (or anyone else for that matter) and so I'd like to extend and apology on behalf of the CB nation ;) Most of us are on the up and up :D

And just so I can get it out in the open...there will be no trolling from me :D I love a good discussion but I also respect that this is iMore and so all comments and discussions will be handled appropriately. Momma raised this boy with manners :yes:

That was handled like a man, good stuff

Sent from my iPhone 5s

aloomis76

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A side note to all of the mods and ambassadors...thank you for the warm welcome. It is appreciated. The one thing I think that comes across as a little demeaning or belittling is that many of you have, what appears to be, gone out of your way to let me know that this is iMore and that certain things should be expected of me...maybe even higher expectations as someone as a fan of and coming from another platform. Almost like you expect me to be coming here to bash Apple products even after I have said that I have used my own hard earned money to purchase products from Apple in the past and that close family uses these products today. I don't think this is meant in the way that it is coming across but it is still there. Just kind of takes a bit of the warmth out of that warm welcome.

That's just my two cents as an "outsider" so you can take it for what's it's worth. I can say that I have read many of the forum posts here for many years. Why I mention this is because there is a post that explains what these blogs are here for and who the mods and ambassadors are and their jobs and in it somewhere it mentions that these forums are meant to resemble the atmosphere of going to an Apple Store and how welcoming everyone is there. I can say from first hand experience that when walking into an Apple Store with a BlackBerry product in my hand never did one employee of that store bash me or my product of choice or feel the need to tell me to watch what I say about their or my products of choice. Instead, they were well organized and armed with ways of letting their products do the talking for them so that I could make the educated decision on if I was going to make a purchase or not. I just think that if some of you would sit back and let the forums speak for themselves then that warm welcome would extend further. Then, if someone gets out of line with the goals of these forums, I expect you all to step in and do what it is that you are asked to do by the site.

Thank you again to all that have welcomed me and I truly look forward to interacting a bit more in these forums because of it.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Rest assured CB is the same. All are welcome, BUT expected to follow our Community Rules and Guidelines. :) If this does NOT happen please use the report, and ignore functions. And you may PM me personally or email me rich(dot)cermele(at)mobilenations.com

aloomis76

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Rest assured CB is the same. All are welcome, BUT expected to follow our Community Rules and Guidelines. :) If this does NOT happen please use the report, and ignore functions. And you may PM me personally or email me rich(dot)cermele(at)mobilenations.com

Thank you Rich for being a great CB mod and knowing whats up and being helpful to all who come along just as I'm sure the mods and ambassadors do here. Rules and guidelines are expected and will be followed throughout...just not sure I needed to be TOLD in a first interaction with anyone is all.

I hope I am not coming across as a total diva about this :rotfl:

Anyway, done. Behind me. I just thought it needed to be said. If I'm not allowed to voice any opinion in here then why am I even here right? Let's move on...;)

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Just checking in on this thread. What a great welcome for aloomis76!

We do have great teams here, both Mods and Ambassadors. Super people, always willing to lend a hand.

Carry on folks, love to see this sort of warm welcome!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR