Back to IOS

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Made the splash today and got the 32gb iphone 5C blue. Once thing I really love is that I entered my outlook.com info and all my contacts, calendar, emails, etc came up instantly, which was a big hassle on android.

So, instead of saying goodbye in android central, I figured I say hello in the imore forums.

Phone feels really good in the hands and downloading all the apps I bought before on it.

Only app I need to find is an alternative to google maps for transit directions in Edmonton, AB.

Looking forward being active in the forums and try to help out.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, Colclutz, and congratulations on receiving your new iPhone 5C. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. In the meantime, take a look at the Community Rules & Guidelines and fellowship with the rest of the iMore community. Take care....:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey congrats. I actually saw a blue 5C and you made a nice choice so with that ...Welcome to iMore and we hope you enjoy your stay and have as much fun as we do. Yell at us if you need something.:)

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Welcome! You made a good choice on the blue. I think it's the best looking of all the 5c colors. I'm not a big fan of any of them except the blue, actually. But anyways, welcome to iMore!

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Congrats on your new blue 5C. You've joined an awesome forum with a bunch of friendly and helpful people here. Enjoy your stay.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Welcome I still haven't had a chance to try out an iPhone 5c yet. I do love the colors I want to see if it feels as nice in the hand. Why say goodbye at Android Central? We have users who are here, Crackberry Central, Android Central, etc. You just have to spend most of your time here *shhhhhhhhhhh* lol

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Colclutz,

If you need help use the search tool found here: Search iMore

If you can't find what you are looking for just ask. That's why we are here.

Again Welcome to iMore and enjoy your stay!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. Good luck with your new 5C. The Blue one is a nice color choice.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk Pro

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
After using my iphone 5C for a few days, I have to honestly say that in terms of using different services such as Hotmail, I have to say that the iphone is much more open than android is. No problems connecting to my Hotmail/outlook.com account and everything synced with no problems. In Android world, it seems that it is either google for full service. If you want to use a different service, your going to have a crippled/inconvenient experience.

In terms of screen size, I actually have no issues with it. You really don't need a big screen if the information on the screen is organized properly. I have no problems reading even magazines on this little screen, which is a shock to me.

Control/Settings: this is where iphone destroys Android in my opinion and for one reason, there's one place where you can decide what notifications you want etc. In android, its a mess since you have to go into every app to change the notification settings.

Apps: no comparison, popular Canada apps like TSN (ESPN in Canada) hasn't been updated for at least a year, which is frustrating. Better quality apps still on the app store as well on the iphone. Also got bothered that apps like monopoly won't work on newer & better specs phones. Paying 5 bucks for an app to realize you can't use it later one just bothers the heck out of me. No more of that on the iphone. Apps I bought years ago still work on the 5C.

Updates & device longevity: Iphone hands down, I got tired of waiting for updates to come to my phone rooting phones nowadays can be a pain in the arse. Also tired of phones being obsolete within a year, even a few months. I can enjoy my iphone for at least 2 years with no problems accessing my apps or even buying new apps.

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Only app I need to find is an alternative to google maps for transit directions in Edmonton, AB.

Hey, welcome... wanted to address one of your concerns. I never used public transportation, being fortunate to have my own wheels since teens, but I remember with iOS 6 in Apple Maps, if you click on "Bus Route" icon it will take you to the app store with a modest selection for bus transit apps. I'm not sure how it is ion iOS7 - haven't tried it on my iPad yet. Give it a shot, or just visit the App Store.

You can, of course, download Google Maps and use that for bus routes as you did on Android, (I think). Anyways good luck. I'm sure Android has it's strengths, but you posted major kind words about iOS, very good points too. Enjoy the absolutely useless OS, with Maps that will take you to a desert in Australia 99% of the time, on a itsy-bitsy 10 pixel screen phone that hasn't been changed in, like, twenty years from a company that is bound to be Doomed soon, especially with the 9 million sales that first weekend. <--- sacracasm.

zalta1990

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
After using my iphone 5C for a few days, I have to honestly say that in terms of using different services such as Hotmail, I have to say that the iphone is much more open than android is. No problems connecting to my Hotmail/outlook.com account and everything synced with no problems. In Android world, it seems that it is either google for full service. If you want to use a different service, your going to have a crippled/inconvenient experience.شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركة تنظيف بيوت بالرياض تطهير خزانات المياه
شركات نقل العفش في الرياض
شركات نقل الاثاث بالرياض
شركات نقل بالرياض
شركات نقل في الرياض
شركات نقل العفش الرياض
شركات نقل عفش
شركات نقل اثاث
شركات نقل الاثاث الرياض

شركة غسيل الخزانات
تسليك مجاري الدمام

In terms of screen size, I actually have no issues with it. You really don't need a big screen if the information on the screen is organized properly. I have no problems reading even magazines on this little screen, which is a shock to me.

Control/Settings: this is where iphone destroys Android in my opinion and for one reason, there's one place where you can decide what notifications you want etc. In android, its a mess since you have to go into every app to change the notification settings.

Apps: no comparison, popular Canada apps like TSN (ESPN in Canada) hasn't been updated for at least a year, which is frustrating. Better quality apps still on the app store as well on the iphone. Also got bothered that apps like monopoly won't work on newer & better specs phones. Paying 5 bucks for an app to realize you can't use it later one just bothers the heck out of me. No more of that on the iphone. Apps I bought years ago still work on the 5C.

Updates & device longevity: Iphone hands down, I got tired of waiting for updates to come to my phone rooting phones nowadays can be a pain in the arse. Also tired of phones being obsolete within a year, even a few months. I can enjoy my iphone for at least 2 years with no problems accessing my apps or even buying new apps.

Hey congrats. I actually saw a blue 5C and you made a nice choice so with that ...Welcome to iMore and we hope you enjoy your stay and have as much fun as we do. Yell at us if you need something.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal