Finally Made the Switch to iOS!

bgriff25

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
After using a BlackBerry for the past 5 years I finally gave in and upgraded to an iPhone 4s. Since every other member of my family, three total, has an iPhone I had plenty of chances to play around and ask questions about things I thought I'd miss about my BB. Besides the notification light, I was surprised that I really don't miss a thing. The virtual keyboard is surprisingly accurate, and with Siri, being able to use speech to txt is awesome and a lot quicker than typing. I have said for years that I would never own another "i" device because of Apple's whole proprietary system. Well, I'm here and I can't see myself going back. I had tried a few Android phones, S2 and the S3, but they were just to big and glitchy. I'm happy to say that I love my 4s....best phone I've ever had in my hand. :cool:

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
After using a BlackBerry for the past 5 years I finally gave in and upgraded to an iPhone 4s. Since every other member of my family, three total, has an iPhone I had plenty of chances to play around and ask questions about things I thought I'd miss about my BB. Besides the notification light, I was surprised that I really don't miss a thing. The virtual keyboard is surprisingly accurate, and with Siri, being able to use speech to txt is awesome and a lot quicker than typing. I have said for years that I would never own another "i" device because of Apple's whole proprietary system. Well, I'm here and I can't see myself going back. I had tried a few Android phones, S2 and the S3, but they were just to big and glitchy. I'm happy to say that I love my 4s....best phone I've ever had in my hand. :cool:

Welcome to iMore! U can make it so your flash goes off when u have a call or text message. That is the closest you're going to get to a notification light

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi bgriff. We are happy that you decided to join this nice community here at iMore. Also, congrats and good luck with your new iPhone 4S. I bought the 4S for my son last month and he loves it. Please let us know if you need help with anything. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, bgriff! There are a lot of friendly, knowledgeable and helpful people here (many of whom came from the BlackBerry world), and we're glad that you joined us.

Have a look around and jump in to the conversation.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
As an Ambassador here at iMore it is my pleasure to welcome you as a new member. You will find many staff and members willing to assist you in anything you need. Please feel free to look around and familiarize yourself with all of the many forum topics we have here and don't forget to check out the Blog side for the latest info on everything iOS.
Please take a few minutes to read the Community Rules & Guidelines and once again thank you for joining iMore!

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the iMore Community bgriff
biggrin.png
I'm sure you will find iMore a friendly and informative place to be ! I also came from a 5 year BB world and haven't looked back :)

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi and welcome bgriff!!

Ah the notification light (shhh this is a touchy subject lol, I miss it too)
As was stated you can at least set it so the flash will go off when someone calls or sends you a message-
Settings/Accessibility/LED Flash for alerts set to on.

:)

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
After coming to iOS as a former BB user last summer, I really thought I was going to miss the LED indicator but I never have. In fact, I found it oddly liberating to not be constantly looking at my phone (except to check out the coolness of my iPhone 5)!

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Good to hear. BlackBerry has an uphill struggle, and you were smart to bail before the ship goes under. I think they're the next Palm. And Apple should fear the same in its future, and keep driving forward and not lose sight of their core values.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

You will be surprised to find that it really isn't as proprietary as everyone makes it out to be. Welcome.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear. BlackBerry has an uphill struggle, and you were smart to bail before the ship goes under. I think they're the next Palm. And Apple should fear the same in its future, and keep driving forward and not lose sight of their core values.

I disagree. I don't think Apple has anything to be worried about, especially with their sale numbers being what they are. Sales will only continue to climb once the new iPhones and iPads are released this Fall.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

blackberry and nokia were market leaders at that time. And when you are at the top , you are bound to go down. Thats what happened. whereas apple is not a market leader neither in smartphones nor in pc market. i feel samsung should be scared because if any company comes out with phones cheaper than samsung's their market share will start decreasing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR