First Apple product arriving tomorrow

dunnsantee

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
im pleasantly content with my choice. with my Maxx i found myself constantly tweaking, changing, rearranging, and flashing. which was quite fun the first few times, but started getting very bothersome when i just could not find something that made me happy. i had countless battery monitoring widgets, tons of system monitoring apps, and a stockpile of my favorite ROMs that id switch back and forth from on any given day. but with this, i found a nice wallpaper and lock screen and haven't touched them since i first changed them. i don't check my battery stats every hour, or close background apps to free up a little speed. the fluid experience is unmatched with any android i've ever touched. none can come close. i haven't closed out a single app, or had a need to restart/reboot since i first set her up. and that speaks volumes to me.

the app store is painful. if you know what kind of app you want, but not the name, then navigating the sea of apps almost blindly is time consuming and stressful. i don't see a way to sort by rating, downloads, or upload date. when i bought an app in android, id usually have a 15 minute window that allowed me to delete the app and get a refund, i knew this because as soon as i hit the purchase button, and my card went through, my phone would tell me i had a designated window, and in place of the purchase button, there was a refund button. with apple, i don't know how the refund process works, if there is one. with a simple search i'm sure ill find the answer, but i don't like having to search for a feature that i believe should be explained at the time of purchase.

the battery life. god i a spoiled. i wish i had never gotten the Maxx. no other phone will ever be the same without buying a battery case, or extended battery. i can do what i want to do and when i want to do it with ease and only slight worry. i cannot watch the whole first season of the Walking Dead, or play through any high end game without being near a charger. but it could be worse. i've had much worse. another complaint/praise is the charger. expensive and not easily found outside of an online purchase or a Verizon store. my plethora of mini usb chargers are rendered useless. the design is so good and simple it is stupid. why has someone not done this before? why is this not the industry standard? im angry at all other companies for not coming up with this stupidly perfect idea years ago, instead of leaving us stuck with the mind blowing common sense destroying 3 sided cruel usb port.

apple has always had a forbidden other woman drawl to me. inside i have loathed any one with an apple device. i had this unfair preconceived notion that apple owning people were stuck up, snobbish, holier than thou @$$holes. and they were. not because they had an iPhone, or a Mac, but because they were those kinds of people. i don't know why there is the stereotype, but there is, and i'm not going to fall into it. a name brand phone, computer, car or shoes does not make who you are, it just makes the company seem like an @$$hole, just like you. (end of rant)

How do you like the screen size?

Regarding the battery, are you considering carrying an external battery charger or adding a case, like the Mophie??

Thanks.

bradenfontaine

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
How do you like the screen size?

Regarding the battery, are you considering carrying an external battery charger or adding a case, like the Mophie??

Thanks.

The screen size is perfect. I don't like having a mini tablet in my pocket and one handed operation is much more comfortable than the Maxx.

As for the battery, I have a desktop dock charger at my desk so the battery stays mostly charged. It cannot compare with the Maxx's, but I'm not a 16 year old, I use it like it was meant to be used.

Sent from the Forbidden Fruit

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
The screen size is perfect. I don't like having a mini tablet in my pocket and one handed operation is much more comfortable than the Maxx.

As for the battery, I have a desktop dock charger at my desk so the battery stays mostly charged. It cannot compare with the Maxx's, but I'm not a 16 year old, I use it like it was meant to be used.

Sent from the Forbidden Fruit

So Braden, I hate to keep bugging you, but how's it going with the iphone? I'm getting that itch again, been wanting a maxx hd or dna, been intrigued by the bb z10, but something keeps dragging me back over here, so I've been curious because I think I can identify with where you're coming from. If you have time for an update or 'nudge' I'd be thankful ;)

bradenfontaine

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
So Braden, I hate to keep bugging you, but how's it going with the iphone? I'm getting that itch again, been wanting a maxx hd or dna, been intrigued by the bb z10, but something keeps dragging me back over here, so I've been curious because I think I can identify with where you're coming from. If you have time for an update or 'nudge' I'd be thankful ;)

I think I will always have two phones, and one of them will likely always be an Apple phone. I couldn’t be happier. I do miss some customization, I even jailbroke my iPhone, but after about a week, I reverted it back to stock. I did little tweaks, made some cosmetic changes, added some things and took away some things, but in the end I was happier with it as stock. Ill always have an android phone, because I will always want to change something. Everyone needs a backup just in case, but my go to phone will be the iPhone 5.
Truly cannot say enough good things about the build quality. The metal back is rock solid and keeps the phone running cool and smooth. When playing graphically intense games or data heavy apps I can feel the back start to heat up after a while, which I love because that’s a good reminder that you are eating away at that battery. I rock no case, only a Skinomi screen protector. You don’t get the cooling/heating effect with a case.
Speaking of the battery, I have no issues. I have a desktop charging dock and a charger by my bedside. I have not run out of juice while being out and about. If I play a racing game for 2 hours yes I will blow through that battery, but I’m an adult with a full time job and a wife and daughter, I don’t ever sit and play a game on my phone for 2 hours… straight.
The screen is amazing; the auto brightness seems to work so much more fluidly and quickly than any other phone I’ve ever had. The colors are vibrant ant the clarity is impressive. I’m not bothered by the size one bit. I don’t want a phablet in my pocket. When I see people whipping out their 5.9” phone from their pocket I have to laugh… it’s a phone for Christ sake.
My one and only complaint is the app store. There are no refunds, and there are some crappy apps out there, that charge money. That is not the phones fault, but Apples. So there it is. I’ve found my new happy place. I admit I’m not on the forums much because, well, honestly I have no need. Nothing ever goes wrong, no errors, no lag, and no questions. It just works.

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks bud, I appreciate your detailed and thoughtful replies; just like the old maxx/root/rom days ;)

I'm still giving this serious consideration, guess my biggest concern is my aging eyes long for extra screen real estate, but that's my problem not the phone's.

Thanks again, and enjoy! =)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2