HomePod or HomePod mini

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
One question I do have. Can I give this 4 months free to whomever? My Mom has an iPod, and thought to send it her way, so she can try streaming. Thanks

You should be able to since the offer is for new subscribers only.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I just bought me a HomePod mini yesterday from Best Buy that’s getting delivered today. I was just wondering how many people has that HomePod mini and if they like it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just bought me a HomePod mini yesterday from Best Buy that’s getting delivered today. I was just wondering how many people has that HomePod mini and if they like it.

I have one and keep it in my bedroom. It works just as well as my original HomePod, but on a lesser scale. I use it for streaming music, checking on sports scores, weather, calculations, as an alarm clock, etcetera. It’s a great little product, in my opinion.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I just picked one up on Friday! It’s a cute little gadget. So far I’ve used it to stream my Apple Music playlists. I haven’t really explored any of its other talents yet! I’ll be keeping it in our living room for now.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Wonder why you can order from Best Buy and get it the next day and ordering from Apple takes up to two weeks to get one. Weird

trw1602

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm not in the market for the Apple HomePod because I already have Amazon Alexa's throughout my home, however I would set it up similar to my current set up. The larger speakers (HomePod) in the larger rooms and the smaller speakers (HomePod Mini) strategically placed in other areas.
I would say start off with the HomePod Mini and build from there.

I have Alexas all over but not for music. They sound terrible for music.

I have a Sonos One and a Sonos Play:5 that was wayyyyyyy too much but sounds like it should for something in its price range.

But since I bought my first HomePod I've added three more and have a HomePod Mini on the way. Best Buy had sales on OG HomePods all summer.

I am putting the Mini in my bedroom and not sure what I'm doing with the Sonos One.

My two Space Gray HomePods are connected to my Apple TV in the living room for Dolby Atmos surround sound which honestly sounds amazing. The two white ones are a stereo pair in my office.

I have an Apple TV connected to my TV in my bedroom and that Mini is going to be used as a surround sound unit for it. Both the ATVs are the 4K version.

I honestly hardly use my Sonoses. I love the HomePod audio, just sounds full and...amazing.

6019eee939d2393ed6188d3ed49ebcb7.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have Alexas all over but not for music. They sound terrible for music.

I have a Sonos One and a Sonos Play:5 that was wayyyyyyy too much but sounds like it should for something in its price range.

But since I bought my first HomePod I've added three more and have a HomePod Mini on the way. Best Buy had sales on OG HomePods all summer.

I am putting the Mini in my bedroom and not sure what I'm doing with the Sonos One.

My two Space Gray HomePods are connected to my Apple TV in the living room for Dolby Atmos surround sound which honestly sounds amazing. The two white ones are a stereo pair in my office.

I have an Apple TV connected to my TV in my bedroom and that Mini is going to be used as a surround sound unit for it. Both the ATVs are the 4K version.

I honestly hardly use my Sonoses. I love the HomePod audio, just sounds full and...amazing.

6019eee939d2393ed6188d3ed49ebcb7.jpg

Thanks for the info

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have two, one in the bedroom, and the other in the living room. My same sentiments as D’s. It’s a great little device, and I am happy I purchased it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Wonder why you can order from Best Buy and get it the next day and ordering from Apple takes up to two weeks to get one. Weird

Location could have something to do with it. The three Apple Stores here in the Orlando area are still open for business. As for Best Buy, you can order something and pick it up in about an hour if it’s in stock.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I can’t seem to find my USB-C port on back of my 21 inch late 2015 desktop. That’s the main reason I got it. It doesn’t really fit in my lightning port. Does anybody have any other solutions.

I ended up just using my HomePod as a alarm clock so no big deal on this one

Last edited:

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I am new to the Home app on the Phone. I don’t really use my Apple TV on my home app as I only control it via control center. Is it always supposed to say paused right below the HomePod icon IMG_0396.JPG

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it will say paused if the device is not running. You can also go into the settings on Apple TV if you want to remove it from HomeKit. 1797FBC4-7C0D-4A1D-A184-A025269E2C58.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2