HomePod or HomePod mini

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
If I purchase anything, it will be a HomePod mini. My reasons are price and size. I realize that the larger HomePod provides better sound, but it's too pricey. I think the mini would suit my needs just fine.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not in the market for the Apple HomePod because I already have Amazon Alexa's throughout my home, however I would set it up similar to my current set up. The larger speakers (HomePod) in the larger rooms and the smaller speakers (HomePod Mini) strategically placed in other areas.
I would say start off with the HomePod Mini and build from there.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I totally get liking gadgets. We haven't gotten into the HomePod type devices. But since we're totally invested in Apple's ecosystem, and happily so, the HomePod would be my choice. And I loved the functionality (specifically the intercome feature) demonstrated in last week's keynote. And, I think my husband, who listens to a lot more music than I do, would really enjoy it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I would definitely start off with the HomePod Mini. It’s easier to shell out $99 than $299. If you end up liking it and think you may want the larger version then go for it. If not, then no big deal.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you think the sound in the mini is just as good as the HomePod

I'm not sure how the HomePod Mini sounds, but when I read your post I told Alexa to play music which plays from all of my Alexas (Echos and Echo Dots) strategically placed around my home, and what I noticed is that the smaller speakers (Echo Dots) rely more on each other (2 or more), where as the larger speakers (Echos) can handle a lot more standing alone.

I would think that would be the same scenario with the HomePod Mini vs the HomePod. Larger speakers of quality should have a better all around sound.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Apple is CHEAP. I just spent over $700 on HomePod mini’s, with Apple care. I get an email offering 4 free months Apple Music.
When I go to redeem the offer, I get a new subscribers only prompt. You figure for what I just spent, they would throw me a bone.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Apple is CHEAP. I just spent over $700 on HomePod mini’s, with Apple care. I get an email offering 4 free months Apple Music.
When I go to redeem the offer, I get a new subscribers only prompt. You figure for what I just spent, they would throw me a bone.

Yeah, that sounds just like Apple. I would say that majority of the members on iMore have spent thousands of dollars on Apple products. Apple can pretty much tell all the Apple products you have or had and unfortunately 10% is the best they can do.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, that sounds just like Apple. I would say that majority of the members on iMore have spent thousands of dollars on Apple products. Apple can pretty much tell all the Apple products you have or had and unfortunately 10% is the best they can do.

Should I kick and stomp my feet if I don’t get my way?!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Should I kick and stomp my feet if I don’t get my way?!

I'm not sure that will work, but here you go...
6a9df91415930150a2daad207b283cbe.jpg

LOL

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
One question I do have. Can I give this 4 months free to whomever? My Mom has an iPod, and thought to send it her way, so she can try streaming. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2