It is being reported throughout the tech blogs that Spotify is currently testing its Active Media feature that allows for user to skip as many ads as they like for free. For people like me, that’s great news because I can’t stand ads outside the traditional television and radio realm. In particular, I despise ads that are intrusive, and blatant or appear so frequently to I can’t even enjoy what I’m doing.

Anyway, do you think that others should follow Spotify’s lead regarding this matter?
    08-11-2018 12:34 PM
    It is being reported throughout the tech blogs that Spotify is currently testing its Active Media feature that allows for user to skip as many ads as they like for free. For people like me, that’s great news because I can’t stand ads outside the traditional television and radio realm. In particular, I despise ads that are intrusive, and blatant or appear so frequently to I can’t even enjoy what I’m doing.

Anyway, do you think that others should follow Spotify’s lead regarding this matter?
    As I’m an Music subscriber I don’t even know how ads have a negative effect on the experience, therefore I can’t comment.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-11-2018 12:52 PM
    Ads to me are the worst, and it would be a welcomed move to remove them.

However, the bigger question is, if Spotify remove ads, how are they making money from the free users? Are they data mining? 🤣
    08-11-2018 03:12 PM
    Ads to me are the worst, and it would be a welcomed move to remove them.

However, the bigger question is, if Spotify remove ads, how are they making money from the free users? Are they data mining? 🤣
    They may have discovered through research or polling that a majority of users, or at least a large portion, do not mind the ads and more than likely won’t skip them in comparison to those of us who would.
    08-11-2018 03:43 PM