Folks,

Ok so I'm 50 something, and I grew up in the 70ies and 80ies when the "boombox" was all the rage. The bigger the better and the LOUDER! You wanted the world to hear your music! Plus they were handy at block parties and the beach, etc. Well what about today? Do you still want the world to hear your music? OR would you rather tune out the world and put on a nice pair of headphones and become immersed in a great song, OR get lost in a audio book or an interesting podcast?

I'm a headphones guy, and they need to be good ones! I had a pair of V-Moda Crossfades that I ran in to the ground, and then I bought a pair of Audio Technica M50x(s). There's just something about having the headphones on and having good music or other content playing and just zoning out the world! My one exception is when I'm busy at my desk at work. I WILL put music on my Amazon Tap, at low volume so I can hear the phone and attend to my work duties.

So what do you all think? Headphones? Or "crank the boombox"?
    08-28-2017 09:04 AM
    With today's 'music' I thank god that people tend to use headphones!
    pkcable and Annie_8plus like this.
    08-28-2017 10:45 AM
    BUT if you are REAL cool, then you have a band following you, playing your "theme music"

Spencerdl likes this.
    08-28-2017 11:44 AM
    Headphones for me
    Bose QC25, it puts me into my own zone.. especially with the noise cancellation feature.
    08-28-2017 06:28 PM
    Back in the day, I wanted to world to know what I was listening to. I was always singing, dancing and chasing skirts.........Those days, however, are long gone. Now, I can’t stand all of that noise...(laughing)....but every now and then, I’ll crank it up to some old “skool”....Anyway, to answer your question, I prefer to listen to music via my headphones or at a comfortable level when I’m in my car that has a 13-speaker Bose Sound System w/active noise cancellation.....
    pkcable likes this.
    08-28-2017 06:43 PM
    Back in the day, I wanted to world to know what I was listening to. I was always singing, dancing and chasing skirts.........Those days, however, are long gone. Now, I can’t stand all of that noise...(laughing)....but every now and then, I’ll crank it up to some old “skool”....Anyway, to answer your question, I prefer to listen to music via my headphones or at a comfortable level when I’m in my car that has a 13-speaker Bose Sound System w/active noise cancellation.....

13-speaker Bose Sound System w/active noise cancellation!?? Where did you get that from? *mind blown*
    pkcable likes this.
    08-28-2017 06:55 PM

13-speaker Bose Sound System w/active noise cancellation!?? Where did you get that from? *mind blown*
    It came pre-installed in my car - 2016 Cadillac CTS (luxury model).
    TripleOne and pkcable like this.
    08-28-2017 07:17 PM
    Should have gotten JBL.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-28-2017 07:52 PM
    Should have gotten JBL.
    (Laughing)....You know me. I get what suits “me”...
    robertk328 and pkcable like this.
    08-28-2017 08:00 PM
    (Laughing)....You know me. I get what suits “me”...
    🤣🤣🤣 having fun with you.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-28-2017 08:06 PM
    🤣🤣🤣 having fun with you.
    I know it....
    08-28-2017 08:12 PM
    BUT if you are REAL cool, then you have a band following you, playing your "theme music"

LOL...These days I prefer the comfort of my personal music devices, but back in the day I wanted the world to know what I was listening too...even Japan....LOL
    pkcable likes this.
    08-29-2017 09:15 AM
    I've never cared to crank my music up for the world to hear. I've always been a headphone kind of guy. While in my car I will crank up the volume a bit. But aside from being in my car, I prefer listening to my music through my headphones. Out of respect of those around me and simply because I prefer it.
    Just_Me_D and pkcable like this.
    08-29-2017 10:09 AM
    I’m mostly in public transportation while listening music, so I use my AirPods all the time.
    At home I turn up the volume only so far up that it’s still comfortable to hear and makes me enjoy more. In other words, music on low volume isn’t as joyful as on higher volume.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-29-2017 08:55 PM
    Headphones ❤️
    12-23-2017 05:22 PM
    I have beats x and power beats 3. Prefer that. If I’m in a public place I don’t need to be hearing other people’s “taste” in music. Especially in the airport or a plane. In my house it’s different. I’ll throw the volume up and party!!
    12-23-2017 06:03 PM
    Headphones! Definitely headphones!
    12-23-2017 07:47 PM
    Oh gawd, the last couple of years the teens and twenty somethings around here have become fond of playing their music through their phone speakers...and it’s always terrible country or horrible rap.

Headphones. and forever.
    MB64 and leandrodp2016 like this.
    12-23-2017 08:30 PM