Who else listens to classics while studying?🙋

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I listen to my playlist of instrumental classical music while working.

Can’t listen to opera because I start trying to listen to practice French or Italian and can’t focus on what I’m doing.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I do get distracted easily, so when I really need to focus, silence is usually best. If I’m working on something that doesn’t need my attention 100%, I can enjoy listening to the radio.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I listen to my playlist of instrumental classical music while working.

Can’t listen to opera because I start trying to listen to practice French or Italian and can’t focus on what I’m doing.

Very much this too for me.
I have an Instrumental Classics and Spatial Classical playlists on Apple Music. I use it when I need to Focus such as Studying or after home gym workout extreme wind down. (My idea of classical ranges outward to include Montalvani and semi modern instrumental works).

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Very much this too for me.
I have an Instrumental Classics and Spatial Classical playlists on Apple Music. I use it when I need to Focus such as Studying or after home gym workout extreme wind down. (My idea of classical ranges outward to include Montalvani and semi modern instrumental works).

Im going to have to look up spatial classical music. I’m unfamiliar with it.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I listen to podcasts while studying, and if I’m out of those, I switch to whatever Apple Music suggests me.

It’s just to control the ambient noise, not necessarily to actively listen to something.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I listen to podcasts while studying, and if I’m out of those, I switch to whatever Apple Music suggests me.

It’s just to control the ambient noise, not necessarily to actively listen to something.

Oh see I have the attention span of a gnat. If I listen to anything with words I start paying attention and forget what I was doing.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Im going to have to look up spatial classical music. I’m unfamiliar with it.

Apologies qbnkelt, I shouldn’t have noted Spatial as a music category. I made it confusing:).

Spatial(a.k.a. Dolby Atmos) is only, what I’ll call, a next level surround sound (spatial is sometimes confused with head tracking. These are two different things). Apple Music has been adding songs in its library mixed in Spatial (but the non Spatial mix version still is available). Some spatial mixed songs are quite different sounding than non spatial while others just have a more surround sound presence. So if you have Apple Music or another music service that offers Spatial, and you have earbuds or earphones capable of Spatial, try the spatial version to see if you like the sound better. (Sometimes I really like the Spatial version, sometimes the non Spatial is better IMHO). I hope I explained it here well.
In my Spatial Classic Playlist, Here are some of my classical and instrumental favorites.
Phantom of the opera:symphonic suite part 6 (weber orchestra). (Imho this is 5 star)
Swan Lake Opus 20 Act 2
Fantasia On Greensleves (Vaughn)
Theme From Jurassic Park (Williams)
Bach Autrement
Symphony No 4 Romantic (Bruckner).
Multiple classic songs, Beethoven etc
(Side note: Smoke gets in your eyes by Henry Mancini. Not in spatial but should be).

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Apologies qbnkelt, I shouldn’t have noted Spatial as a music category. I made it confusing:).

Spatial(a.k.a. Dolby Atmos) is only, what I’ll call, a next level surround sound (spatial is sometimes confused with head tracking. These are two different things). Apple Music has been adding songs in its library mixed in Spatial (but the non Spatial mix version still is available). Some spatial mixed songs are quite different sounding than non spatial while others just have a more surround sound presence. So if you have Apple Music or another music service that offers Spatial, and you have earbuds or earphones capable of Spatial, try the spatial version to see if you like the sound better. (Sometimes I really like the Spatial version, sometimes the non Spatial is better IMHO). I hope I explained it here well.
In my Spatial Classic Playlist, Here are some of my classical and instrumental favorites.
Phantom of the opera:symphonic suite part 6 (weber orchestra). (Imho this is 5 star)
Swan Lake Opus 20 Act 2
Fantasia On Greensleves (Vaughn)
Theme From Jurassic Park (Williams)
Bach Autrement
Symphony No 4 Romantic (Bruckner).
Multiple classic songs, Beethoven etc
(Side note: Smoke gets in your eyes by Henry Mancini. Not in spatial but should be).

Gotcha. I thought it was a new genre. Classical techno hybrid or something.