Which music service do you use, and why?

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I use Spotify premium. My favorite podcast is a Spotify exclusive so since I’m already in there listening to it, I just use Spotify music as well. Foolishly still paying for Music family plan since my wife uses it too.

I’m switching to Verizon from T-Mobile when the 2020 iPhones are released and with the plan I’m choosing Apple Music will be included.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have heard this often.But my take on this is that an album was created to be just that,put together as a musical experience,as a whole thing.and that,personally is what I want to hear. yes there are weak tracks but they are still part of a whole. You do what you like but I still think you miss something.

Maybe so. But my take, I am not listening, or purchasing an album for a handful of songs I like. Because it’s part of the “musical experience “.

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I never replied here. I tried many services. Unless Tidal manages to get more master tracks, it'll be Apple Music all the way. Huge library, and best audio quality available outside of Tidal's master tracks.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Maybe so. But my take, I am not listening, or purchasing an album for a handful of songs I like. Because it’s part of the “musical experience “.

I’ve never enjoyed listening to an Album because of it’s concept. I’ve always been a “greatest hits” person, which is why iTunes has always appealed to me. I will say, that after 26 years of marriage, to a man who embraces the concept of album’s (i.e. Jethro Tull, Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Queens Ryche, etc.), my view has changed somewhat.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I’ve never enjoyed listening to an Album because of it’s concept. I’ve always been a “greatest hits” person, which is why iTunes has always appealed to me. I will say, that after 26 years of marriage, to a man who embraces the concept of album’s (i.e. Jethro Tull, Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Queens Ryche, etc.), my view has changed somewhat.

Which is why I create playlists within Apple Music. Than I get a taste of all different genres of music.
One minute Aerosmith is playing, than my old school disco is cranking out a tune. (And no, Disco is not dead, so I don’t want to hear it!)
That’s also one concept of Pandora I enjoy. They have thumbprint radio, so every song you thumbed up gets played plus those based on what you like.
Years ago obviously there wasn’t streaming music.
So it was terrestrial radio, and you had no choice but to purchase an album if you liked the Artist, which I am not implying is a bad thing.
I have a couple of friends who have a vast collection of albums they still spin.
Sometimes what I do, and similar to Annie’s Greatest Hits concept.
I like Anita Baker, so as I listen to her music. I will pull several of her songs and create a playlist that way.
Sort of what Apple does, with their essential albums.
Or I create a radio station based on the Artist, and you will hear several of their songs.
Plus similar tracks, it’s also a great way to discover new music.

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I was a dedicated Apple Music subscriber. When I signed up for Amazon Prime there were some services besides expedited delivery I was unaware of. We also have 3 Echo dots and 2 fire TVs in house, so when I discovered Amazon music is included in my plan I started to stream it. Little by little I found myself using Amazon music exclusively to the point where my last 3-4mths of my apple subscription payments were a waste of money. I discontinued Apple Music when I knew for sure I wouldn’t be returning back to it anytime soon. It seamlessly intergrades with all of my other amazon accessories in the house as well. I also feel it’s easier to navigate Amazon music than the Apple Music, but that’s my feeling. For others it may be the other way around!

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I was a dedicated Apple Music subscriber. When I signed up for Amazon Prime there were some services besides expedited delivery I was unaware of. We also have 3 Echo dots and 2 fire TVs in house, so when I discovered Amazon music is included in my plan I started to stream it. Little by little I found myself using Amazon music exclusively to the point where my last 3-4mths of my apple subscription payments were a waste of money. I discontinued Apple Music when I knew for sure I wouldn’t be returning back to it anytime soon. It seamlessly intergrades with all of my other amazon accessories in the house as well. I also feel it’s easier to navigate Amazon music than the Apple Music, but that’s my feeling. For others it may be the other way around!

I have a Prime membership also. My only gripe with Amazon music, is having to pay an additional $7.99 a month on top of the $120 a year for the Prime membership. If you don’t pay for the unlimited plan, than your music is very limited no pun intended.It has potential though, so I am glad it is working out for you.
Let us know what you like or dislike with Amazon Music if you would please. Thanks

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a Prime membership also. My only gripe with Amazon music, is having to pay an additional $7.99 a month on top of the $120 a year for the Prime membership. If you don’t pay for the unlimited plan, than your music is very limited no pun intended.It has potential though, so I am glad it is working out for you.
Let us know what you like or dislike with Amazon Music if you would please. Thanks

I’ve been using Amazon music for at least 8+moths now and prefer it over Apple Music.
As for money, I enrolled when amazon offered me a special pricing for all unlimited, either way music subscription is less money than 
I definitely enjoy using it because it’s the only app I stream for music everyday

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I’ve been using Amazon music for at least 8+moths now and prefer it over Apple Music.
As for money, I enrolled when amazon offered me a special pricing for all unlimited, either way music subscription is less money than 
I definitely enjoy using it because it’s the only app I stream for music everyday

Agreed! And you must be special to get special pricing.

Last edited:

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Apple Music, because it seamlessly integrates with the stock music app on my iPhone.
Full disclosure, I don't have much experience with other services but Apple Music made me finally subscribe to a music streaming service.

I agree, and have used the other services. Apple Music is smooth as butter across my Apple devices. And I find it hiccups a lot less on my Sonos system.
But I admit, I bounce around too much when it comes to streaming, and somehow end up back on Apple Music. As I have said, they all have their strengths and weaknesses.
There some changes coming to Apple Music on iOS 14 that look promising.

Last edited:

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I see Apple Music put a little treat in the for you tab. I sometimes use the music app as a radio station. And I listen to a lot of Motown, Funk, Funk Jazz, Disco, and Classic Rock.
They have several radio stations based on my listening, which I think is pretty cool. They even have a Joe’s station, with songs based on what I saved to my own playlist. Good job Apple Music!

Last edited:

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I use Spotify Free, because I don’t want to pay a fee for the small amount of music I listen to per week. I am becoming more determined to pay Apple no more money than the price of the hardware. and will give Amazon no more info than I already do.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
My take is this, I’ll continue to pay for Apple
music. If I decided to go free, I would go with Amazon Music. Being a Prime member, music is included in the membership, and I don’t like ads.
Despite the limitations, there is always something to listen to, and they have radio stations as well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Pandora because it's free for the kind of music I typically listen to.

The one thing I love about Pandora that Apple cannot beat - at least for me- is when you enter a song for the purpose of creating a radio station, the generated songs are always on point.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods