Which music service do you use, and why?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I use a few different services... music, Pandora & Amazon Prime Music.

Out of the three, I’ve grown to really like Amazon Prime Music on my Dot at home, when I’m out I’ll play Pandora until I get annoyed with their selection, then I I’ll switch to  music lol.

 music used to be my 1st choice, but they repeat too many songs often...Pandora has its moments but so far APM has been doing great these past few weeks I’ve been using it.

I will eventually get rid of 2 streaming services...no need to be paying for all of them.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The bright as the sun UI is the only thing I dislike about Apple Music. I thought for sure Apple would see the light (pun intended) when they started rolling out OLED screens and give users a dark mode. Oh well.

Exactly! It’s too bright.. we need a dark mode on iOS.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I’m aware of the Spotify features and there are Sonos speakers in a few offices. In our scenario of family the Apple services have kept everyone happiest. At work lots of users in c suite end up making their personal tech problems mine. The simplicity and Apple’s support have been good for them.

There’s no doubt that more dark mode on the phone would be nice. When I see Microsoft apps supporting dark mode on my Mac and being so good on Apple Mobile I don’t need much convincing that Apple’s own staff could do better in some areas.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have no problem with using Sonos, I love my Sonos set up. It’s not a big deal, but one extra step, if I want to save a track to a playlist.
My tastes are generally where I don’t save whole albums, unless I like the majority of the album. So I make some mix playlists with a variety of music.
That’s the beauty of streaming music. Years ago you had to buy an album if you liked a few songs. You have more flexibility now, where you have different flavors of music for everyone’s tastes, it’s great when you have guests.

Last edited:

dazzlingirl

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
That is very true. I know at one time that wasn't the case but with Apple music being cross-platform now, it's a great option. I've found myself using Spotify more lately for some reason. Maybe because I'm already in the app listening to one of my favorite podcasts that has become a Spotify exclusive (until 48 hours later when it's posted to YouTube).

The Joe Budden Podcast! lol

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have been back and forth between Spotify and Apple Music. I still have 5 months left on my annual plan with Apple Music, and have been using Apple Music exclusively.
Having and planning on staying with the iPhone, Apple Music makes the most sense.
The one thing I am not crazy about, the severe limitations on Sonos.

Last edited:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I’m subscribing to Apple Music. It has become my preferred choice. I did have a 3 month trial of Spotify Premium. I cancelled that and now use the free version as my second choice.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use both Music and Spotify. I already had a Spotify playlist of about 500 of my all time favorites, before I got Music.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Call me fickle, I am still an Apple Music subscriber these days. But I also took up Pandora Plus. I like the personalized radio experience of music streaming.
I was never a fan of whole albums, since I don’t usually like all the music on the album.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Call me fickle, I am still an Apple Music subscriber these days. But I also took up Pandora Plus. I like the personalized radio experience of music streaming.
I was never a fan of whole albums, since I don’t usually like all the music on the album.

I know what you mean. Take for example, Prince. He’d have one or two songs I’d like and then the rest were like junk....:)

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I think I have answered this before ,but Spotify free is my choice, I do have a couple of hours of Apple Music purchases,from a long time ago,but there’s something about the sound quality that grates a bit. I suppose I don’t listen to much music anyway probably 9 hours a week absolute maximum.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

I have heard this often.But my take on this is that an album was created to be just that,put together as a musical experience,as a whole thing.and that,personally is what I want to hear. yes there are weak tracks but they are still part of a whole. You do what you like but I still think you miss something.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I use Spotify premium. My favorite podcast is a Spotify exclusive so since I’m already in there listening to it, I just use Spotify music as well. Foolishly still paying for Music family plan since my wife uses it too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro