Which music service do you use, and why?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I’ve honestly never noticed a difference content-wise between all of the services. I go with what is available on as many devices as possible. Apple Music wins for now because I can get it on literally every device, including Apple TV and Echo. Aside from that they’re all pretty much interchangeable.
That is very true. I know at one time that wasn't the case but with Apple music being cross-platform now, it's a great option. I've found myself using Spotify more lately for some reason. Maybe because I'm already in the app listening to one of my favorite podcasts that has become a Spotify exclusive (until 48 hours later when it's posted to YouTube).

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Spotify free is my source of music,I don’t like Apple music, and it has already stolen some tracks from me.Wouldn’t touch Google or Amazon’s offerings with a barge pole.Can alway’s fall back on YouTube for 1 off listens.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I've been an Apply Music subscriber for a long time, which is my primary music source.

However, a couple months ago, Tmobile gave out a year of Pandora Plus as a Tmobile Tuesday gift, so I also have that.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have been torn between Apple Music and Spotify.
I have about 500 purchased songs through iTunes. It’s part of the reason I have been taking advantage of the 6 months free Apple Music, through Verizon.

Last edited:

trw1602

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Apple Music and Spotify, though I am using AM much more lately.

I like the Spotify Connect feature. Apple still hasn't allowed this and I am not buying a HomePod just to be able to pick up my music where I left off when I come home from commuting. This is the only reason I still have Spotify. And Spotify is still better at surfacing good, interesting music.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
We’ve kept our Apple Music family plan even though we have Prime and checked out other services.

The catalog of music is always tops. After choosing things I like, doing some favorites and a little time the Apple-chosen playlists got much better. Then factor in how perfectly it works across phone, computers, tablet and the Apple Watch.

I won’t deny there being lots of great choices and free options but Apple Music and the family plan has been tops for our family, all the devices, and the different interests.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Apple Music and Spotify, though I am using AM much more lately.

I like the Spotify Connect feature. Apple still hasn't allowed this and I am not buying a HomePod just to be able to pick up my music where I left off when I come home from commuting. This is the only reason I still have Spotify. And Spotify is still better at surfacing good, interesting music.

Me too.
I like Spotify for the dark UI, Connect, and being able to download all music with a single touch.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Me too.
I like Spotify for the dark UI, Connect, and being able to download all music with a single touch.

The bright as the sun UI is the only thing I dislike about Apple Music. I thought for sure Apple would see the light (pun intended) when they started rolling out OLED screens and give users a dark mode. Oh well.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Me too.

That same dark UI is what made me hate Spotify without even giving at a chance.
I love the way Music looks.

My only gripe is how they show all the playlists. That can better.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
You need to use the Sonos app to listen to Apple Music.
Sonos works off WIFI, so I see the point somewhat.
There is no swipe to the next track, which is useful when driving.
It also does not remember where you left off when you close the app.
Also, if you save an album to a playlist, it shows the album twice. It made it seem a bit cluttered to me.
So as I continued to utilize Apple Music while still free. I also kept my Spotify premium account.
Today my Apple Music freebie came to an end, it was a tough call to make.
But I decided to stay with Apple Music, despite my biggest gripe, having to use the Sonos app for my music, and the way the playlists show.
Why I chose Apple, I have purchased music through iTunes.
Siri works pretty well, when choosing a playlist, or a particular Artist.
And lastly, I can pay for a full year upfront, giving you 2 months free.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods