M1 MacBook Pro deal at Amazon: Save $199 instantly!

I've been an Apply Music subscriber for a long time, which is my primary music source.

However, a couple months ago, Tmobile gave out a year of Pandora Plus as a Tmobile Tuesday gift, so I also have that.
    joemd60 likes this.
    12-30-2018 08:29 PM
    I’m old school still listen to my music from my private collection which is also on my phone
    Annie_M likes this.
    01-05-2019 10:15 AM
    I have been torn between Apple Music and Spotify.
    I have about 500 purchased songs through iTunes. It’s part of the reason I have been taking advantage of the 6 months free Apple Music, through Verizon.
    Last edited by joemd60; 01-24-2019 at 02:21 AM.
    01-23-2019 05:14 PM
    Apple Music and Spotify.
    01-24-2019 06:46 AM
    Apple Music and Spotify.
    Delete your Spotify account. You’ll thank me later.
    01-24-2019 09:04 AM
    To be honest, I find Apple Music still lags behind Spotify in some areas.
    01-24-2019 06:37 PM
    To be honest, I find Apple Music still lags behind Spotify in some areas.
    Agreed.
    01-24-2019 07:16 PM
    I’m still not paying for any music services. I do use Pandora and occasionally Spotify.
    01-24-2019 11:55 PM
    Care to elaborate?
    01-25-2019 10:42 PM
    Apple Music and Spotify, though I am using AM much more lately.

I like the Spotify Connect feature. Apple still hasn't allowed this and I am not buying a HomePod just to be able to pick up my music where I left off when I come home from commuting. This is the only reason I still have Spotify. And Spotify is still better at surfacing good, interesting music.
    01-25-2019 10:43 PM
    We’ve kept our Apple Music family plan even though we have Prime and checked out other services.

The catalog of music is always tops. After choosing things I like, doing some favorites and a little time the Apple-chosen playlists got much better. Then factor in how perfectly it works across phone, computers, tablet and the Apple Watch.

I won’t deny there being lots of great choices and free options but Apple Music and the family plan has been tops for our family, all the devices, and the different interests.
    01-26-2019 07:57 AM
    Apple Music and Spotify, though I am using AM much more lately.

I like the Spotify Connect feature. Apple still hasn't allowed this and I am not buying a HomePod just to be able to pick up my music where I left off when I come home from commuting. This is the only reason I still have Spotify. And Spotify is still better at surfacing good, interesting music.
    Me too.
    I like Spotify for the dark UI, Connect, and being able to download all music with a single touch.
    joemd60 likes this.
    01-26-2019 09:05 AM
    Me too.
    I like Spotify for the dark UI, Connect, and being able to download all music with a single touch.
    The bright as the sun UI is the only thing I dislike about Apple Music. I thought for sure Apple would see the light (pun intended) when they started rolling out OLED screens and give users a dark mode. Oh well.
    TripleOne likes this.
    01-26-2019 09:21 AM
    Me too.
    That same dark UI is what made me hate Spotify without even giving at a chance.
    I love the way Music looks.

My only gripe is how they show all the playlists. That can better.
    01-26-2019 09:47 AM
    You need to use the Sonos app to listen to Apple Music.
    Sonos works off WIFI, so I see the point somewhat.
    There is no swipe to the next track, which is useful when driving.
    It also does not remember where you left off when you close the app.
    Also, if you save an album to a playlist, it shows the album twice. It made it seem a bit cluttered to me.
    So as I continued to utilize Apple Music while still free. I also kept my Spotify premium account.
    Today my Apple Music freebie came to an end, it was a tough call to make.
    But I decided to stay with Apple Music, despite my biggest gripe, having to use the Sonos app for my music, and the way the playlists show.
    Why I chose Apple, I have purchased music through iTunes.
    Siri works pretty well, when choosing a playlist, or a particular Artist.
    And lastly, I can pay for a full year upfront, giving you 2 months free.
    Last edited by joemd60; 02-27-2019 at 06:55 PM.
    01-26-2019 03:19 PM
    I use a few different services... music, Pandora & Amazon Prime Music.

Out of the three, I’ve grown to really like Amazon Prime Music on my Dot at home, when I’m out I’ll play Pandora until I get annoyed with their selection, then I I’ll switch to  music lol.

 music used to be my 1st choice, but they repeat too many songs often...Pandora has its moments but so far APM has been doing great these past few weeks I’ve been using it.

I will eventually get rid of 2 streaming services...no need to be paying for all of them.
    01-26-2019 03:37 PM
    Me too.
    I agree, Spotify connect is a great feature.
    01-27-2019 02:11 AM
    The bright as the sun UI is the only thing I dislike about Apple Music. I thought for sure Apple would see the light (pun intended) when they started rolling out OLED screens and give users a dark mode. Oh well.
    Exactly! It’s too bright.. we need a dark mode on iOS.
    01-27-2019 02:30 AM
    music! Great for Watch, HomePod, iphone, ipad, Alexa
    01-27-2019 03:21 AM
    I’m aware of the Spotify features and there are Sonos speakers in a few offices. In our scenario of family the Apple services have kept everyone happiest. At work lots of users in c suite end up making their personal tech problems mine. The simplicity and Apple’s support have been good for them.

There’s no doubt that more dark mode on the phone would be nice. When I see Microsoft apps supporting dark mode on my Mac and being so good on Apple Mobile I don’t need much convincing that Apple’s own staff could do better in some areas.
    01-27-2019 08:00 AM
    I have no problem with using Sonos, I love my Sonos set up. It’s not a big deal, but one extra step, if I want to save a track to a playlist.
    My tastes are generally where I don’t save whole albums, unless I like the majority of the album. So I make some mix playlists with a variety of music.
    That’s the beauty of streaming music. Years ago you had to buy an album if you liked a few songs. You have more flexibility now, where you have different flavors of music for everyone’s tastes, it’s great when you have guests.
    Last edited by joemd60; 02-24-2019 at 09:31 AM.
    01-27-2019 10:02 AM
    That is very true. I know at one time that wasn't the case but with Apple music being cross-platform now, it's a great option. I've found myself using Spotify more lately for some reason. Maybe because I'm already in the app listening to one of my favorite podcasts that has become a Spotify exclusive (until 48 hours later when it's posted to YouTube).
    The Joe Budden Podcast! lol
    01-27-2019 04:59 PM
    The Joe Budden Podcast! lol
    That’s correct!
    01-27-2019 10:42 PM
    I have been back and forth between Spotify and Apple Music. I still have 5 months left on my annual plan with Apple Music, and have been using Apple Music exclusively.
    Having and planning on staying with the iPhone, Apple Music makes the most sense.
    The one thing I am not crazy about, the severe limitations on Sonos.
    Last edited by joemd60; 09-26-2019 at 06:39 PM.
    09-24-2019 04:19 PM
    I’m subscribing to Apple Music. It has become my preferred choice. I did have a 3 month trial of Spotify Premium. I cancelled that and now use the free version as my second choice.
    10-03-2019 11:43 PM
92 1234