Which Do You Prefer: Physical Copy or Digital Album?

FritzDaCat

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Physical, cuz that gives me both. I can rip the songs to the compressed digital format of my choice AND I can listen to uncompressed if I prefer.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I still LOVE buying physical CDs. I miss the old school record (or music) stores, and now the best option seems to be Best Buy. I buy a lot on Amazon and get great deals.

If it is just one song that I like from a band, etc., that I am not really into...then I will download a single song. But to me there is still nothing better than a physical copy with the album artwork. It reminds me of being a kid...opening the package and wondering what the label and band decided to include.

Stardoll

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Physical. It's about the experience for me, and unless you're holding the case and looking at the liners while listening to the music it's just not the same.

I do prefer vinyl but not enough artists release vinyls. So CD it is! It still contributes to the whole snobbish music experience.

(I'm not a hipster I promise.)

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I buy music everyday and it's always digital. Instant gratification plus you can't buy most singles in the form of a CD, and that's the majority of what I buy.

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Why own it? It's so much easier to use a service like Spotify and lease your music.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Why own it? It's so much easier to use a service like Spotify and lease your music.

I like being able to go directly to a song or playlist and play it quickly. That's my reason for buying my music.

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I like being able to go directly to a song or playlist and play it quickly. That's my reason for buying my music.

You can do that with Spotify! It only takes a few seconds to find something and play it. You also have the option of saving music you like for offline use

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
You can do that with Spotify! It only takes a few seconds to find something and play it. You also have the option of saving music you like for offline use

I understand that but it's more convenient for me to do this in iTunes and I am able to burn CDs when necessary

enemy_mime

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I'd say digital, as the local shops cannot provide such a variety of different artists and bands that you can find in digital shops. There is an option of ordering a physical copy online, of course, but it usually takes forever to be delivered. And, since my vinyl record player burnt in an unfortunate freaky accident, I'm no longer listening to vinyl records. So, to sum it up - digital all the way for me ).

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It depends on the artist but I prefer physical copies. If I'm going to buy the music in the first place I have to REALLY enjoy the artist.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I prefer digital due to it being on my iPhone, but I prefer to rent the CD instead of buying it digitally. Too expensive and you are never sure of the quality.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I haven't bought a CD in possibly ten years EXCEPT for a very very small Celtic rock band I follow. Other than that it's digital.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro