Audio Technica ATH-M30 headphones?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I hope I'm posting this in the right section.
I just ordered a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M30 headphones. Do any of you guys have these? And if so, how are they all around?

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
In that range of headphones (<$50), you're going to basically get what you pay for...Audio Technica sells a pretty wide range of headphones, from top tier to budget, and this is definitely your budget offering. Honestly, at the pricing point, I'd probably look at a Sony offering or something simply because you'll get a better bass response out of them, and you might even get a folding capability vs. those.

In the end, buy them, use them for a few days and if they suck, take them back and get another set. I did that like 4 times before I ended up with my Bose, and I've had them for years now and love them. They weren't even the most expensive ones either, lol...just the ones that worked best for me personally.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
In that range of headphones (<$50), you're going to basically get what you pay for...Audio Technica sells a pretty wide range of headphones, from top tier to budget, and this is definitely your budget offering. Honestly, at the pricing point, I'd probably look at a Sony offering or something simply because you'll get a better bass response out of them, and you might even get a folding capability vs. those.

In the end, buy them, use them for a few days and if they suck, take them back and get another set. I did that like 4 times before I ended up with my Bose, and I've had them for years now and love them. They weren't even the most expensive ones either, lol...just the ones that worked best for me personally.

Besides bass, how are mids and highs on the ATH-M30's?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't tell you personally, I don't own a pair, but before posting I read a few reviews and checked out what some of the audiophile forums said about them, and it seemed to be just your average, entry level headphone set...there were higher rated Sony's, which is why I suggested them.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't tell you personally, I don't own a pair, but before posting I read a few reviews and checked out what some of the audiophile forums said about them, and it seemed to be just your average, entry level headphone set...there were higher rated Sony's, which is why I suggested them.

Okay. Thanks!
I'll give them a try when they come in, and send them back if I'm disappointed with them. I tried a pair of $300 Beats Studio Wireless headphones, was VERY disappointed with them! Needless to say, I sent them back. :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Give us a nice review if you don't mind and have time...always nice to have reviews of these products.

And Beats are overrated junk. They are cosmetic apparel additions more than anything...I wouldn't spend $100 on the high line beats headphones.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Give us a nice review if you don't mind and have time...always nice to have reviews of these products.

And Beats are overrated junk. They are cosmetic apparel additions more than anything...I wouldn't spend $100 on the high line beats headphones.

I would love to give a review, but 1) I'm a high school student, and starting dual enrollment in May. 2) I'm not a good writer. :) and 3) I'm not a audiophile. I'll see thought... I'm not saying I won't.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I would love to give a review, but 1) I'm a high school student, and starting dual enrollment in May. 2) I'm not a good writer. :) and 3) I'm not a audiophile. I'll see thought... I'm not saying I won't.

You might actually write the perfect review then...because you're not an audiophile, you can be a bit more diplomatic to the entry level products (where as many audiophiles will scoff at anything outside of their preference bubble)...and also, who cares if you can write good? LOL! If we were all good writers here, we'd be getting paid for writing this stuff...I can't write for sh*t, but I like to review stuff in case someone cares, haha...

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
You might actually write the perfect review then...because you're not an audiophile, you can be a bit more diplomatic to the entry level products (where as many audiophiles will scoff at anything outside of their preference bubble)...and also, who cares if you can write good? LOL! If we were all good writers here, we'd be getting paid for writing this stuff...I can't write for sh*t, but I like to review stuff in case someone cares, haha...

Good point! Like I said, I'm not ruling it out, but I'm going to be very busy the next four years of my life. :( I'm a member over at ifans, so if I write a review, I'll be posting it at both places. Lol

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner