What's Your Favorite Band?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Front 242 brings back memories. I listened to a lot of their stuff in the 90's along with NiN and Frontline Assembly. I haven't heard any of their recent stuff, if there is any.

One Album in 2003, one in 2008 and their last album in 2013, that's it for this century. They're touring Europe at the moment. Many of the band members have side projects and collaborations such as C-Tec and RevCo, or working with Funker Vogt, FLA, Cubanate and Juno Reactor, all groups I like too. I'm hugely into Industrial music and this kinda feeds off that. It's such an incestuous genre.

I think their best stuff is the late 80s/early 90s stuff anyway.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'll have to give some of their newer stuff a listen. I used to listen to a lot of industrial music in my pre-kids, more "adventurous" days.

Have to ever listened to Delerium? Offshoot of Front Line Assembly and more ambient than industrial but still really good.

For sure, i've got all their albums too. I'm also a fan of their other side projects, like Pro>Tech and Noise Unit.

EDIT: In fact, they collaborated with Fear Factory at one point too. FF are awesome live. I've seen them a good few times over the years.

Bill Leeb is the driving force and he was in another great band, Skinny Puppy. They really defined the genre for me. Devin Townsend was also a part of FLA and he's gone on to great success with his bands too.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you heard of Skyclad? They're a UK Folk metal band. A bit heavier than Blackmore's Night but still capable of the most amazing Celtic ballad stuff.

Check this out and see if you like them.

Skyclad - It Wasn't Meant To End This Way - YouTube
I sure will TY.. I was listening to the built in XM radio in my Accord the other day when they played St. Patts music so Blackmores Night. I was blown away I ordered his latest and one from 2008 from Amazon. Love that music. Do you know Lorenna Mckennitt? She is where you are from.:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you heard of Skyclad? They're a UK Folk metal band. A bit heavier than Blackmore's Night but still capable of the most amazing Celtic ballad stuff.

Check this out and see if you like them.

Skyclad - It Wasn't Meant To End This Way - YouTube
I am very traditional Rock and roll but love all music, The video you showed me was good but when I mean celtic this is what Blackmores Night hits me with coming from his Deep Purple days. Check this out and tell me what you think of this.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I am very traditional Rock and roll but love all music, The video you showed me was good but when I mean celtic this is what Blackmores Night hits me with coming from his Deep Purple days. Check this out and tell me what you think of this.

Locked Within The Crystal Ball - YouTube

Yeah that's pretty good. It kinda reminds me of Dead Can Dance with Lisa Gerard singing but with a more modern feel and slightly faster tempo to it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's pretty good. It kinda reminds me of Dead Can Dance with Lisa Gerard singing but with a more modern feel and slightly faster tempo to it.
That is why I ordered it. When you can take a heavy metal hitter like Blackmore and literally marry him to Night and switch from Heavy Metal to Celtic like that, It blows me away. Same way I fell in love with the music of Lorenna McKennitt. Glad you liked it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The book of secrets is by far my all time fav by her and check out The Visit also That is a good album... The Highwayman on The Book of secrets is killer.:) I just know you would like it.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I listen to way too much music to just name one but some of my faves are

The Roots
Nirvana
Creed
Mint Condition
The Deele (Yes...I still listen to them!!!)
Wham! (I know LOL)
Zapp & Roger
Cameo
The Rolling Stones
Mary Jane Girls
Wu Tang Clan
Floetry
Groove Theory

Ok Ok...I think y'all get the picture:rolleyes:

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Iron Maiden, just on the pure volume of hits they have...they must have more hits than Lou Gehrig or something...haha

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a favorite band, but I do very much have a favorite singer and her name is Leona Lewis. She's from the UK and got her start by being the first female X-Factor winner. Her single Bleeding Love was a world-wide #1 smash hit. It was the best selling single throughout the entire year of 2008. Next would be my favorite performer/entertainer - Queen B (Beyonc?). If you saw her Super-Bowl Halftime performance, you'll know why.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711