Musical content is too serious these days

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, and don't forget about Prince. His first few albums were considered pushing the envelope in those days, especially the "Controversy" and "Dirty Mind" albums, but as you've stated, they are tame by today's standards.

I think it was 1999? And there was some risqu? stuff on there but now it's just flat out dirty!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks that music is too serious these day? Music during my teenage and early adult years were all about partying or love (love meaning LOVE, not sex). I'm a fan of "music" and I listen to anything that sounds good to "me". I heard two country songs recently. One was by a young lady who sang about messing up a dude's car because he cheated on her, and the other was by a dude who said that he was about to get his red neck on....What the heck!

I just saw this in my RSS feed - a gigantic library of 13,000 live concert videos has just gone up on YouTube - just for you, 'D!

https://www.youtube.com/user/musicvault/videos

gatti

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it's the genre of music that you've been spending time with. I tend to sway toward music that has stronger hooks and melody such as Muse. I'd suggest to check out Rebecca Mayes muses if you want solid music without overly deep themes. She even has a whole series of very well done video game song videos.

Tranquilly

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I think music today is anything but serious...It's still about partying and screwing around and having fun xD. Especially the mainstream crap...

deadboy42077

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Pfft, you guys aren't listening to metal, metal is still just as classy as ever. With posers floating about still and all. But the trend I'm seeing in metal is progression. Progression into deeper lyrics and more full and complete sounds as a band. The only pop I listen to is late 90's into early 00's, because childhood. Matchbox Twenty, The Wallflowers, Alanis Morissete, Hoobastank, you get the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you man, I use Spotify and I have found alot of good hard core, grind core aka straight to your face heavy metal. My friend at work said he’s jealous of all these bands I keep finding. I love music, music is my passion and music will live on forever just as DimeBag will

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Wow, someone revived this 4 year old thread. Cool!
I mostly listen to Classic Rock, Motown sounds from the 60s, and a little Country. Classic Rock now includes music from the 90s and maybe beyond a bit. Most I hear are love songs. But also other song topics. Some may be referred to as serious. I don't like Pop or Rap/Hiphop.

deadboy42077

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Wow, someone revived this 4 year old thread. Cool!
I mostly listen to Classic Rock, Motown sounds from the 60s, and a little Country. Classic Rock now includes music from the 90s and maybe beyond a bit. Most I hear are love songs. But also other song topics. Some may be referred to as serious. I don't like Pop or Rap/Hiphop.

Yup but I didn’t even realize that this thread was 4yrs old

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods