I can listen to a wide range of music/songs with the exception of a good deal of today's pop and Hip Hop which contain unnecessary cursing, reference to drug & alcohol use and way too many overt references to sex. What happened to "party music" and music that led you to try to fix what was broken...
    Yeah, I think that type of music was before my day. I also like southern gospel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-08-2014 08:59 PM
    I used to listen to soft rock but The Lord called me to P&W and with all the different styles I don't miss secular. There is some good stuff like...watching Turbo with the kids they played J5s I'm Going Back to Indiana but there was a lot of hip hop I needed to do a Hills detox on! LOVE
    Britt Nicole. She's a proud product our state! We don't do Miley but I will allow my tween her and Jamie Grace! I'm loving the new Hills! It's on Spotify!
    Jamie Grace ROCKS! I love her song with Toby Mac "favorite song"!

blessed2bamommie likes this.
    07-08-2014 09:01 PM
    Yeah, I think that type of music was before my day. I also like southern gospel.

(Laughing)...ah dang. That's striking below the belt.......In regard to "southern Gospel", I'm with you.
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    07-08-2014 09:01 PM
    (Laughing)...ah dang. That's striking below the belt.......In regard to "southern Gospel", I'm with you.

07-08-2014 09:02 PM

It probably was! Pop & R&B has really deteriorated over the decades. 😞
    the_tech_eater and Just_Me_D like this.
    07-08-2014 09:02 PM
    Jamie Grace ROCKS! I love her song with Toby Mac "favorite song"!

We love TobyMac here!
    07-08-2014 09:03 PM
    It probably was! Pop & R&B has really deteriorated over the decades.
    That's what I hear. But I don't really know, because I've never been into anything but Christian music.

07-08-2014 09:03 PM
    That's what I hear. But I don't really know, because I've never been into anything but Christian music.

*haven't really experienced it.

07-08-2014 09:05 PM
    Southern gospel is stretching it for me....there was a Jason Crabb song I got with but I love the Aussies & Brits. Love Hillsong United/Live now Worship & Citipointe Live out of Brisbane.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-08-2014 09:06 PM

I was an 80s kid but I grew up on Motown and Jackson 5 bc that was my parents and my Uncle. There were some things I should have been told no in the 80s.....some Madonna. But that is tame now! 😳 I was gown when I made the transition.
    07-08-2014 09:08 PM
    Southern gospel is stretching it for me....there was a Jason Crabb song I got with but I love the Aussies & Brits. Love Hillsong United/Live now Worship & Citipointe Live out of Brisbane.
    Canada has some good CCM too! Hawk Nelson, the Afters...

07-08-2014 09:10 PM
    Canada has some good CCM too! Hawk Nelson, the Afters...

HN doesn't ring a bell but I think the Afters was in my collection before I started streaming.
    07-08-2014 09:11 PM
    An artist that isn't totally Christian that I really love is; Owl City! @Justme'd, he sings about love. You might should check him out. I just remembered him

07-08-2014 09:14 PM
    I was an 80s kid but I grew up on Motown and Jackson 5 bc that was my parents and my Uncle. There were some things I should have been told no in the 80s.....some Madonna. But that is tame now! 😳 I was gown when I made the transition.
    Yeah, and don't forget about Prince. His first few albums were considered pushing the envelope in those days, especially the "Controversy" and "Dirty Mind" albums, but as you've stated, they are tame by today's standards.
    07-08-2014 09:17 PM
    An artist that isn't totally Christian that I really love is; Owl City! @Justme'd, he sings about love. You might should check him out. I just remembered him

Owl City? Okay, I'll check it out. Thanks...
    07-08-2014 09:18 PM
    Yeah, and don't forget about Prince. His first few albums were considered pushing the envelope in those days, especially the "Controversy" and "Dirty Mind" albums, but as you've stated, they are tame by today's standards.
    I think it was 1999? And there was some risqu stuff on there but now it's just flat out dirty!
    07-08-2014 09:20 PM
    Look up "vanilla twilight" "speed of love" "gold" "when can I see you again" Those are some of his love songs that came to my mind.

07-08-2014 09:20 PM
    Am I the only one who thinks that music is too serious these day? Music during my teenage and early adult years were all about partying or love (love meaning LOVE, not sex). I'm a fan of "music" and I listen to anything that sounds good to "me". I heard two country songs recently. One was by a young lady who sang about messing up a dude's car because he cheated on her, and the other was by a dude who said that he was about to get his red neck on....What the heck!
    I just saw this in my RSS feed - a gigantic library of 13,000 live concert videos has just gone up on YouTube - just for you, 'D!

https://www.youtube.com/user/musicvault/videos
    the_tech_eater and Just_Me_D like this.
    07-08-2014 09:24 PM
    "Deer in the headlights" is another good one of his!

07-08-2014 09:24 PM
    I just saw this in my RSS feed - a gigantic library of 13,000 live concert videos has just gone up on YouTube - just for you, 'D!

https://www.youtube.com/user/musicvault/videos
    Nice! Thank you...
    07-08-2014 09:27 PM
    Do you like him?
    07-09-2014 04:24 PM
    Do you like him?
    I haven't listened to him yet. Sorry, but I will.
    07-09-2014 05:00 PM
    I haven't listened to him yet. Sorry, but I will.
    That's fine. I think you'll like him!
    07-09-2014 05:00 PM
    Oh, and I forgot to mention, owl city was the one what designed the iOS 7 ringtones!
    07-11-2014 09:20 AM
    True indeed. Infact I have even written an article on this. Actually For my admission works, i seeked help from a UK admission essay writing service. They have sent e a paper on the same which was too informative, This made me to arise on the fact and forced me to write an article which will be published soon.
    08-12-2014 07:35 AM
52 123