Musical content is too serious these days

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I listen to Praise & Worship or CCM. I adhere to the Scripture whatever is true and lovely, whatever is of good report, think on these things. If it doesn't uplift my spirit I don't listen. There's a lot of great stuff in those genres.

Indeed, words of wisdom...:)

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I listen to Praise & Worship or CCM. I adhere to the Scripture whatever is true and lovely, whatever is of good report, think on these things. If it doesn't uplift my spirit I don't listen. There's a lot of great stuff in those genres.

LOL I was coming to this thread to post that there is some great CCM music, and it just seems to be getting better with each release, but you beat me to it! I believe the same as you. I personally don't see the point of secular music.... It's had no meaning. No purpose. Again, that's my personal opinion. *types while listening to Brit Nicole*
taheba5y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
LOL I was coming to this thread to post that there is some great CCM music, and it just seems to be getting better with each release, but you beat me to it! I believe the same as you. I personally don't see the point of secular music.... It's had no meaning. No purpose. Again, that's my personal opinion. *types while listening to Brit Nicole*

I used to listen to soft rock but The Lord called me to P&W and with all the different styles I don't miss secular. There is some good stuff like...watching Turbo with the kids they played J5s I'm Going Back to Indiana but there was a lot of hip hop I needed to do a Hills detox on! LOVE
Britt Nicole. She's a proud product our state! We don't do Miley but I will allow my tween her and Jamie Grace! I'm loving the new Hills! It's on Spotify!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I can listen to a wide range of music/songs with the exception of a good deal of today's pop and Hip Hop which contain unnecessary cursing, reference to drug & alcohol use and way too many overt references to sex. What happened to "party music" and music that led you to try to fix what was broken...:)

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I can listen to a wide range of music/songs with the exception of a good deal of today's pop and Hip Hop which contain unnecessary cursing, reference to drug & alcohol use and way too many overt references to sex. What happened to "party music" and music that led you to try to fix what was broken...:)

Yeah, I think that type of music was before my day. :) I also like southern gospel.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I used to listen to soft rock but The Lord called me to P&W and with all the different styles I don't miss secular. There is some good stuff like...watching Turbo with the kids they played J5s I'm Going Back to Indiana but there was a lot of hip hop I needed to do a Hills detox on! LOVE
Britt Nicole. She's a proud product our state! We don't do Miley but I will allow my tween her and Jamie Grace! I'm loving the new Hills! It's on Spotify!

Jamie Grace ROCKS! I love her song with Toby Mac "favorite song"!

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
(Laughing)...ah dang. That's striking below the belt...:)....In regard to "southern Gospel", I'm with you.

Southern gospel is stretching it for me....there was a Jason Crabb song I got with but I love the Aussies & Brits. Love Hillsong United/Live now Worship & Citipointe Live out of Brisbane.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
That's what I hear. But I don't really know, because I've never been into anything but Christian music.

I was an 80s kid but I grew up on Motown and Jackson 5 bc that was my parents and my Uncle. There were some things I should have been told no in the 80s.....some Madonna. But that is tame now! 😳 I was gown when I made the transition.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
An artist that isn't totally Christian that I really love is; Owl City! @Justme'd, he sings about love. You might should check him out. I just remembered him :)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was an 80s kid but I grew up on Motown and Jackson 5 bc that was my parents and my Uncle. There were some things I should have been told no in the 80s.....some Madonna. But that is tame now! 😳 I was gown when I made the transition.

Yeah, and don't forget about Prince. His first few albums were considered pushing the envelope in those days, especially the "Controversy" and "Dirty Mind" albums, but as you've stated, they are tame by today's standards.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
An artist that isn't totally Christian that I really love is; Owl City! @Justme'd, he sings about love. You might should check him out. I just remembered him :)

Owl City? Okay, I'll check it out. Thanks...:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR