What decade do you think had the best music?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
To expand upon my initial comment, for music in general, it's all great until recently. Somewhere around the mid 00's until now, music became convoluted, overly layered, wall of noise, with equally layered vocals, all set in a way that's literally 100% impossible to actually play live. As a musician myself, I hate that. I hate all of it, if you can't play it live without backing tracks and loops, you've done it wrong. It's false advertising, and it's just too much.

niharikasarma

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I liked the 60s and 70s. I'm a huge fan of mellow music, more soft rock than anything else. That's for English music though. I'm South Indian, and most people would agree that the best time for South Indian music was definitely the late 80s and early 90s. This was around the time A.R. Rehman started composing (the guy that composed Jai Ho in Slumdog Millionaire).

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
To expand upon my initial comment, for music in general, it's all great until recently. Somewhere around the mid 00's until now, music became convoluted, overly layered, wall of noise, with equally layered vocals, all set in a way that's literally 100% impossible to actually play live. As a musician myself, I hate that. I hate all of it, if you can't play it live without backing tracks and loops, you've done it wrong. It's false advertising, and it's just too much.

I think the real testament to an artist is their ability to take something made on a laptop and flip that into a live show. I've seen concerts where artists used full live bands to play music that was created using computer programs and it completely re-shaped and redefined the song. I was extremely impressed. So I definitely think there is a happy medium in the music that is created today and the means in which it is performed. It's up to the artist to find it.

To answer the question...I'm going to say the 90s. I'm a hip hop guy first and so that was definitely the golden era for that genre, imo. In my opinion it was also the best time for R&B.

kenmacro_88

Feb 6, 2018
Visit site
90s era is the best era. Without an internet, one of the most precious time is dedicated to listen some music. Till today i still miss 90s era where a lot of great stuff is produced

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
70's for sure Clapton,Stones ,Dire Straits and the final Beatles album in 1970, Let It Be ,downside was most disco .

Last edited:

fitguyz88

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
During 90s, i was still a kid, then when i grow up to be a teenager, the era of 2000s music start (linkin park, paparoach and all that), so personally i love 90s song more especially late 90s.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro