Item Description: WTS: iPad Air 2 Wifi + Cellular, 64GB, White/Silver, Brand New/Unopened
    Price: $700
    Carrier Locked or Unlocked?: Unlocked
    Condition: Brand New, Unopened
    Includes: Charging block and lightning cable in original box
    Item Location: VA (DC Suburbs)
    Shipping Details: USPS Certified/Insured or UPS/FedEx
    Payment Options: Paypal Gift
    Photos:
    WTS: iPad Air 2 Wifi + Cellular, 0, 64GB, White/Silver, Brand New/Unopened-img_1158.jpgWTS: iPad Air 2 Wifi + Cellular, 0, 64GB, White/Silver, Brand New/Unopened-img_1159.jpgWTS: iPad Air 2 Wifi + Cellular, 0, 64GB, White/Silver, Brand New/Unopened-img_1160.jpgWTS: iPad Air 2 Wifi + Cellular, 0, 64GB, White/Silver, Brand New/Unopened-img_1161.jpgWTS: iPad Air 2 Wifi + Cellular, 0, 64GB, White/Silver, Brand New/Unopened-img_1162.jpg

Contact Info - Please PM

Story of how I got this iPad:
    Last summer/fall I was having with random wifi drops with Yosemite. To begin with it was under the beta and I just kinda shrugged and filed bug reports with Apple--after all it was a beta. But after the official release, it continued. Wifi would randomly dropsometimes only every few days, sometimes a few times and hour. Each time I had to turn wifi completely off, then back on and it would reconnect and be fine until the next time.

Anyway, by early November I was quite fed up with it and sent a polite but terse message to Tim Cook. Within a day I got a call and an email from someone on the Executive Relations team asking if I would be willing to have a conference call with one of the wireless engineers out in Cupertino. Of course I agreed and I talked to the engineer for about 30 minutes. I described the issues and we discussed all the devices we had on the network, etc. He later emailed me a Terminal command to turn on some very low level logging for wifi stuff (my system.log file was getting hex dumps for a while if you know what those are). And then I would send him portions of the log every time wifi dropped. He then had me try various stuff like turning off all Bluetooth for a few days and at one point I even deprived my kids of the 2 Apple TVs for a weekend. None of those things stopped wifi from dropping, but the logs apparently helped because right after Thanksgiving, the engineer told me that he thought they had it fixed and it would be in the next beta. And sure enough since that beta, my wifi has been solid. So I made sure he knew it was fixed and I thought that was that. I was happy to have my problem fixed and happy that it probably helped get other people fixed.

So last week I get another call and email from Executive Relations. I call back and tell him that my issues were all fixed and he said that he knew that from talking to the engineer. But apparently the engineering team thought my help was very instrumental in resolving the issue and they wanted to gift me an iPad. I was really shocked and surprised. I didnt expect anything from helping them. I got to pick any of the mid-storage options and they had it shipped directly to me. But I already have a 128GB iPad Air 2 (wifi-only) and my kids have iPad Minis and my husband wouldn't get any use out of it.

So anyway, I'm charging $700 which saves you $29 off the Apple list price and I'll pick up the shipping cost. I checked Amazon, Walmart, and BestBuy and they are all charging the the Apple list price of $729. Also potentially saves sales tax depending on where you purchased.
    02-05-2015 12:15 PM
    If only I had the $$ to spare...
    02-05-2015 01:03 PM
    Very nice, best of luck.
    02-05-2015 01:31 PM
    Awesome story and cool way to acquire an iPad. If only you had picked gold still, best of luck to you in your sell.
    02-05-2015 05:38 PM
    So ac plus can be put in it right?

My body is ready.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    Yes Applecare+ can still be added. It's within 30 days as I showed on the screen shot.
    02-05-2015 09:18 PM
    Good luck with your sale
    02-05-2015 11:40 PM
    02-06-2015 12:51 PM
    Good luck with the sale. I would definitely buy it if I hadn't already bought my other Air 2.
    02-06-2015 07:26 PM
    02-07-2015 05:01 PM
    02-10-2015 02:38 PM
    Yes Applecare+ can still be added. It's within 30 days as I showed on the screen shot.
    You actually have 60 days to add it. AppleCare+ for iPhone - Apple Store (U.S.)
    anon(73368) likes this.
    02-10-2015 07:38 PM