Do not trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
tjansen

Agreed to buy a phone from him. Sent payment last week and have not heard anything back. Currently have a claim filed with PayPal awaiting response.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Sadly the only thing I can do is suspend his account here so he can not post any longer. You really need to be careful with who you choose to do business with. Someone with barely any reputation (like this individual) on this forum I would not recommend dealing with. If a resolution is made please PM me directly. Thank you.

Also please PM me anything you have so I can rightfully suspend his account.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy that I didn't send the payment as a gift with PayPal. At least I have a pretty good chance of getting my money back. Just waiting on PayPal. I will update

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
What a git!! Really sorry to hear this and I hope you get your money back through paypal.

Good luck.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
tjansen

Agreed to buy a phone from him. Sent payment last week and have not heard anything back. Currently have a claim filed with PayPal awaiting response.

"Him" is actually a woman, I think. Dealt with her two weeks ago, sent money to buy iPad 2 and iPhone, and for whatever reason she refunded my money. I am a lucky man, and I'm sure that Paypal will look out for your interests. Good luck.

BTW, her Paypal address is mjoneson907@yahoo.com. I think that her name is Moie Joneson.

Last edited:

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
"Him" is actually a woman, I think. Dealt with her two weeks ago, sent money to buy iPad 2 and iPhone, and for whatever reason she refunded my money. I am a lucky man, and I'm sure that Paypal will look out for your interests. Good luck.

BTW, her Paypal address is mjoneson907@yahoo.com. I think that her name is Moie Joneson.

Are you sure it's the same person because at least you got a refund??

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Interesting. The email I was given was garthclark@yahoo.com....

Pretty sure it's a scam guys. The name this person registered on these forums is Mike (and I'll hold back on the last name as it's probably fake anyways) and they used a gmail account.

The account has been banned.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure it's the same person because at least you got a refund??

Pretty sure. It was "tjansen". I guess that I was lucky on the refund. This is one of my private messages:

"tjansen: Re: iPad2
Sounds good, but I issued you a refund. I'll send you a money request from my personal PayPal account. Don't want to use business account." Must have used someone's Paypal account that didn't want to get involved.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure. It was "tjansen". I guess that I was lucky on the refund. This is one of my private messages:

"tjansen: Re: iPad2
Sounds good, but I issued you a refund. I'll send you a money request from my personal PayPal account. Don't want to use business account." Must have used someone's Paypal account that didn't want to get involved.

Good point! This sort of thing really gets to me. I got scammed on eBay once. So when I see it happen it makes my blood boil!!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Pappy and I got scammed by the same person on Android Central. It took me two months, but I got my money refunded.

I wish you the best of luck. I hope you get your money back. I hate that there are people like this out there.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
This is one of the reasons our forum rules require a member have at least 30 genuine posts before he can list something for sale in the Marketplace. Your own protection.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. I'm 99.9% sure PayPal will get my money back based on the messages back and forth. I will know on the 17th and dill update you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So the seller never responded to PayPal and yesterday they reversed the charge and I got my money back :)

Congratulations and, thankfully, you were persistent in your attempt to get your money back. Too many others would have chalked it up as lost.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations and, thankfully, you were persistent in your attempt to get your money back. Too many others would have chalked it up as lost.

I didn't have to do too much. I started a claim then I escalated it as soon as I was able to. Since the seller never responded they just reversed the charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods