fair market price of a macbook pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadgetgirl

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
i want to sell my 13" mbpro, there is not a mark on it have always had keyboard protector and hard shell case on it. It is 3 years old what do you think would be a fair price? I want to upgrade to the new one with retina display!!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i want to sell my 13" mbpro, there is not a mark on it have always had keyboard protector and hard shell case on it. It is 3 years old what do you think would be a fair price? I want to upgrade to the new one with retina display!!

Depends on the specs and the condition. Sounds like the physical condition is good -> very good... but what about the specs? (Memory, hard drive, processor, etc), and which version of OS X are you running / can you run? Does it run good? Heat up, etc? That all has to factor in.

Here's the info from the MacTracker app... apparently 2009 was the first model for the 13" MacBook Pro, which sold for $1199~$1499 brand new.

A couple of places to check might be eBay (look for SOLD units, not FOR SALE, as a seller can ask anything, but SOLD will tell you what they got) and a recycler like Gazelle. Recyclers' prices will be low, but it might give you an idea about the bottom end of the value range.

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Depends on the specs and the condition. Sounds like the physical condition is good -> very good... but what about the specs? (Memory, hard drive, processor, etc), and which version of OS X are you running / can you run? Does it run good? Heat up, etc? That all has to factor in.

Here's the info from the MacTracker app... apparently 2009 was the first model for the 13" MacBook Pro, which sold for $1199~$1499 brand new.

A couple of places to check might be eBay (look for SOLD units, not FOR SALE, as a seller can ask anything, but SOLD will tell you what they got) and a recycler like Gazelle. Recyclers' prices will be low, but it might give you an idea about the bottom end of the value range.

recyclers sell it usually for higher than if someone individually was selling it since they have more people to pay and more costs to cover.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
recyclers sell it usually for higher than if someone individually was selling it since they have more people to pay and more costs to cover.

Yes, they typically sell for more, but I was referencing a place like Gazelle to see what they were offering to PAY... that would be on the low end... what they sell it for would be on the other end of the scale.

gadgetgirl

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the info that is the Mac book I have mine has the 2.53 GHZ, 4 GRAM, 250 hard drive .

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info that is the Mac book I have mine has the 2.53 GHZ, 4 GRAM, 250 hard drive .

According to Gazelle, they will pay $448 for it assuming it has no noticeable flaws, and has working optical drive, flawless screen, working battery, the AC adapter and the original restore disks. You can probably get more than that from a private buyer, as Gazelle needs to leave room for some profit when they resell the MBP.

Sell or Recycle Your Apple MacBook Pro (5,5) Core 2 Duo 2.53 GHz 13" 250GB (2009) - Gazelle

Reactions: gadgetgirl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2