Sorry if this has been discussed, but what's the best way to sell an old iPhone online? I've tried using ebay, but so far out of two attempts I've been stuck dealing with scammers from Nigeria. It takes several days to clear up the mess and get credited for the fees involved. In the meantime the iPhone isn't available for others to purchase.

Is there an easier way? Craigslist seems sketchy as well.

Thanks!

Mike
    07-28-2010 05:52 PM
    I do most of my selling on Craigslist. Just sold my 3GS there. Its not scketchy when you are getting cash if you ask me.
    07-28-2010 06:02 PM
    Ive sold 3 iphone on ebay with no problems. Just go under your account settings and block out international bidders and low feedback bidders that should take care of most of your problems. I will be more clear later i am at work so I can't really get too into the process. Once its sold make a video of you putting all the stuff in the box and sealing it off along with the postage and all that, so that if it gets there and the buyer claims there was nothing in the box you have proof you put everything in it when you sent it off.
    07-28-2010 09:19 PM
    You only have proof that you did that at one time.

Nothing says you didnt reopen it and send a brick.

Several reports of buyers claiming just that. Then they get a refund..... and your phone.

Stick to craigslist and get cash.
    07-28-2010 10:53 PM
    You only have proof that you did that at one time.

Nothing says you didnt reopen it and send a brick.

Several reports of buyers claiming just that. Then they get a refund..... and your phone.

Stick to craigslist and get cash.
    Yup...only buy and sell locally. Meet the other party in a restaurant or other public place. If you're allowed to, pack a gun. You never know.
    07-28-2010 11:59 PM
    just video tape yourself handing it over to the post office people. this method has been known to work in case someone tries to screw you.
    07-29-2010 01:09 AM
    Are there many people buy sth on eBay?
    07-29-2010 02:59 AM
    I would rather buy one from a store.
    09-04-2010 10:55 AM
    ebay is no longer so popular..
    09-27-2010 04:41 AM
    Ive sold 3 iphone on ebay with no problems. Just go under your account settings and block out international bidders and low feedback bidders that should take care of most of your problems. I will be more clear later i am at work so I can't really get too into the process. Once its sold make a video of you putting all the stuff in the box and sealing it off along with the postage and all that, so that if it gets there and the buyer claims there was nothing in the box you have proof you put everything in it when you sent it off.
    You are right. Recently, I have also sold my old iPhone on ebay and i did not have problem. It was very easy to sell my iphone on ebay.
    09-29-2010 06:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD