i am selling my iphone 3g with the offical 3.0 software the mms on the phone is activated and working great. it is the 8gig model if you are intrested post below or message me with any questions
    06-13-2009 12:48 AM
    Because you downloaded GM firmware from a torrent (which is technically not official) and you have MMS working does not mean it will work for someone else since you have to have it activated on your AT&T plan. You should let people know that up front...
    06-13-2009 01:04 AM
    actually since im a registerd beta tester and all they need to do is have the unlimited messaging on their account to work i am being upfront with them
    06-13-2009 09:32 AM
    I agree with Bad Ash on this one. Having the beta isn't the official 3.0 and MMS is NOT activated on the PHONE, it's activated on your account. You're initial post was not upfront. In fact, it's a little decieving.
    06-13-2009 10:18 AM
    well my phone does not have the beta 3.0 on it since beta testers were given the offical 3.0 so it has the offical 3.0 on it and the updated carrier file on the phone activates mms so the mms feature is activated on the phone also so in no way shape or form was i being decieving. there are people with the 3.0 offical software that can not to mms yet because they did not update the carrier file on the phone. since i did its not my account that can mms its the phone. so to be clear the phone has the offical 3.0 software and is able to mms
    06-13-2009 10:26 AM
    well my phone does not have the beta 3.0 on it since beta testers were given the offical 3.0 so it has the offical 3.0 on it and the updated carrier file on the phone activates mms so the mms feature is activated on the phone also so in no way shape or form was i being decieving. there are people with the 3.0 offical software that can not to mms yet because they did not update the carrier file on the phone. since i did its not my account that can mms its the phone. so to be clear the phone has the offical 3.0 software and is able to mms
    You sir are flat out wrong. The file on torrents floating around and developers were given is indeed the GM. Which technically is not official. And in order to get MMS working you also need the correct plan on your account which most iPhone users do not have along with an hacked carrier file... and no you can not call AT&T to have them switch it. So yes you are being deceiving or you simply don't know any better.

So to avoid further misinformation this thread is closed.

Problems or questions feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 06-13-2009 at 11:51 AM.
    06-13-2009 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD