BlackBerry Bold (Custom - Not a scratch on it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Well it is time for me to part ways with the BlackBerry Bold. If you know me from these forums you know that I take really good care of all my devices. Everything is included with the original box - charger, paperwork, leather case (not pictured), along with some extras - 2 rubber skins, and 3 battery doors.

This is a custom Bold with a black bezel, black trackball, and red numbered keyboard. The original bezel, white trackball, and white numbered keyboard will be included as well.

Asking $400 or best offer. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

***Also included and not picutured is a Sena Leather pouch case - $30.00 value.

Last edited:

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
How did you like the Sena pouch.. I almost bought one when I had my Bold.

I'll trade you my iPhone for it :)

Last edited:

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
So BAD,tell us why did you decide to sell it? Just curious. I sold mine after 8 weeks primarily because I missed the larger screen, Safari, and the compatibility issues with a MAC. Must admit I don't really miss it except for the screen quality,the LED message indicator, and the unique customizable ring settings.

I was lucky and found a buyer promptly on Crackberry, very nice to deal with.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
LED message indicator became useless to me quickly because, as soon as I ignored it for a while, it just kept flashing forever. Since I wasn't about to leap after it every time, it just became permanently on. ;/

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
So BAD,tell us why did you decide to sell it? Just curious. I sold mine after 8 weeks primarily because I missed the larger screen, Safari, and the compatibility issues with a MAC. Must admit I don't really miss it except for the screen quality,the LED message indicator, and the unique customizable ring settings.

I was lucky and found a buyer promptly on Crackberry, very nice to deal with.

Just thought it was time to bring something fresh in to go along with the iPhone is all. Good phone, but I can do more with Android.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Just thought it was time to bring something fresh in to go along with the iPhone is all. Good phone, but I can do more with Android.

OK, now I'm curious as to why you prefer the Android over the Bold. I went back and did a search for topics on the Android. Here is your response back in September 2008 about the Android:

'I honestly can not see this phone catch on like the iPhone did. Just can't see it. It will be interesting to see some other devices that get the Google OS put on them. Some big hits I see right off the bat, like Rene mentioned, 1GB of data? Ouch... Amazon MP3 will never outshine iTunes - not going to happen. Etc...
This will not come close to the iPhone. No way.'

Don't mean to put you on the spot Bad, but now I'm really curious!:D

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
OK, now I'm curious as to why you prefer the Android over the Bold. I went back and did a search for topics on the Android. Here is your response back in September 2008 about the Android:

'I honestly can not see this phone catch on like the iPhone did. Just can't see it. It will be interesting to see some other devices that get the Google OS put on them. Some big hits I see right off the bat, like Rene mentioned, 1GB of data? Ouch... Amazon MP3 will never outshine iTunes - not going to happen. Etc...
This will not come close to the iPhone. No way.'

Don't mean to put you on the spot Bad, but now I'm really curious!:D

Ha, that is compared to the iPhone, not BlackBerry. So I still feel the same way about Android vs iPhone.

Another reason I became interested is that I love to be able to hack things. Not many things you can do with a BlackBerry. Fair enough? ;)

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Ha, that is compared to the iPhone, not BlackBerry. So I still feel the same way about Android vs iPhone.

Another reason I became interested is that I love to be able to hack things. Not many things you can do with a BlackBerry. Fair enough? ;)

Fair enough! Have fun 'hacking' and let us know how you like it.

talljason

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
LED really isn't useful once you skip the first notification

LED message indicator became useless to me quickly because, as soon as I ignored it for a while, it just kept flashing forever. Since I wasn't about to leap after it every time, it just became permanently on. ;/

I agree, badges with numbers are more helpful than a flashing LED.

Another problem is that if i get a reply or DM in Twitter, Twitterberry can have the LED flash, vibrate, and make a tone, but there is no badge at the top of the screen. Similar for Jivetalk, though I can select a special LED color to let me know it's a message through Jivetalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73