Easy way of editing music files??

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I made the switch to OSX 1 year ago, and never had a single day regretting that decision.
OSX (now macOS) is sooo much more stable than Windows ever have been, I'm really happy with it!
So far for all of the apps I was using on Windows, macOS has a good alternative... so no need to look back anyway. :dancing:

That is... until today.
On Windows there is one app called 'Nero Wave Editor', that I have been using for ages, in order to edit my mp3 files in a simple way.
I'm not an advanced editor, cut/paste is as far as my editing skills allow me, so this simple app had all I needed...
Unfortunately I don't know any good replacement app for that??

Do you guys know any good macOS replacement app for New Wave Editor??
Please keep it simple for an edit-noob (such as myself) :)

Ericclark4

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Audacity Free
Adobe Audition paid with Adobe creative suite (monthly subscription)

maybe Garage band if it came with your Mac (it probably did)

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
I know you guys don't want to hear something like this, but
mp3tag for windows!
I have my virtual machine with windows installed only for this, because there's nothing as good in mac os, unfortunately

wkelly24

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Audacity works for me. If you are not satisfied with Audacity, then I would recommend running a virtual Windows machine so you can run Nero Wave Editor, especially in a "unity" type mode which hides the Windows OS so the app appears to run as a Mac App. Hope this helps.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I've never had an issue with Audacity, and for something more involved GarageBand. They both have the audacity to be FREE........ lol

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've never had an issue with Audacity, and for something more involved GarageBand. They both have the audacity to be FREE........ lol

Garageband is an absolutely terrible Wave Editor, and Audacity - while free - does not perform well and is extremely quirky.

Steinberg WaveLaps Essentials is really good, and is available for macOS. It's not Free, but you get what you pay for.

On Windows, Sound Forge Audio Studio works incredibly well, as well.

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I know you guys don't want to hear something like this, but
mp3tag for windows!
I have my virtual machine with windows installed only for this, because there's nothing as good in mac os, unfortunately

Not quite

Although a Windows program, Mp3 tag is not native Mac, but can easily be downloaded "for" Mac Mp3tag - macOS Download

Alternatively, u could use Music Brainz Piccard.: https://picard.musicbrainz.org/

Audacity is my favorite music editor.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Garageband is an absolutely terrible Wave Editor, and Audacity - while free - does not perform well and is extremely quirky.

Steinberg WaveLaps Essentials is really good, and is available for macOS. It's not Free, but you get what you pay for.

On Windows, Sound Forge Audio Studio works incredibly well, as well.

I haven't used Sound Forge in at least 10 years. I'm pretty sure it's much different than I last remember. Another free but decent option, ocenaudio. I've been using it for a few weeks now and it has now replaced Audacity as my go-to editor.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73