2010 iMac with new Sierra os x 10.12 constantly freezing - What do I do???

RossS

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I have a 2010 iMac and had installed OS X 10.12 Sierra on it with no problem, but now as I'm using the computer my iMac constantly freezes, sometime it will operate for a couple of hours then just freeze. Nothing happens? I have no idea what is going on. I have re-installed Sierra, did the recent 10.12.1 update, but no changes??? This is driving me crazy! I can have 3 or 4 freezes in one evening of just reading my favorite web-site articles in Safari. It usually happens while I'm in Safari browsing my favorite websites. I have no idea what is going on and never had this problem with OS X 10.11. Any ideas?

stooovie

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Had the same issue with 10.12.0 on 2015 5k iMac. Complete freeze, one or two times a day. Had to restore an ElCap clone.

1dtbrown

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I have not even updated to Sierra and I too have the problem with my computer freezing while browsing with Safari. I have looked into the problem online and found you should empty your cache and do disk utility First Aid on a regular basis. This does help, but the issue usually returns on my computer so I just empty and cache and recently stated first aid. I also use "Clean My Mac" I don't know if it is helping but it makes me feel good. haha

Now my computer came with 4 GB of Ram and I did update it to 8 GB of Ram and that does speed things up. You can check yours and do the upgrade yourself If you find the extra Ram ports are empty. These ports are located beneath the vents on the bottom edge of your iMac.

I would like to update my computer but I do not want more issues myself so try these and let me know by quoting my post how things are going. FYI I am using a late 2009 iMac.

Thanks and hope this helps.

1dtbrown

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I have a 2010 iMac and had installed OS X 10.12 Sierra on it with no problem, but now as I'm using the computer my iMac constantly freezes, sometime it will operate for a couple of hours then just freeze. Nothing happens? I have no idea what is going on. I have re-installed Sierra, did the recent 10.12.1 update, but no changes??? This is driving me crazy! I can have 3 or 4 freezes in one evening of just reading my favorite web-site articles in Safari. It usually happens while I'm in Safari browsing my favorite websites. I have no idea what is going on and never had this problem with OS X 10.11. Any ideas?

I responded above

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234