Mail opens without warning.

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
I have an iMac 2019 running the latest version of Mojave. Core i3, 8gb ram and 1TB HDD.

The Mail app keeps opening without warning. How can I stop it?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
This has been happening to me for a while (I’ve been on Mojave since the betas). I assumed it opened up when it was connecting and downloading new emails from the server. Didn’t know if it was a bug or intentional and it doesn’t happen often enough for me to get agitated enough to report it.

Sadly, I don’t have an answer as to how to stop it (or if it’s supposed to be stopped).

Maybe report a bug to Apple?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an iMac 2019 running the latest version of Mojave. Core i3, 8gb ram and 1TB HDD.

The Mail app keeps opening without warning. How can I stop it?

This has been happening to me for a while (I’ve been on Mojave since the betas). I assumed it opened up when it was connecting and downloading new emails from the server. Didn’t know if it was a bug or intentional and it doesn’t happen often enough for me to get agitated enough to report it.

Sadly, I don’t have an answer as to how to stop it (or if it’s supposed to be stopped).

Maybe report a bug to Apple?

This is news to me. The dev beta of macOS Catalina is now installed on my 2017 MacBook Pro, but I don’t recall the native Mail app automatically opening when I had Mojave installed. The only apps that did were the ones I had configured to start at login.

Don’t misunderstand me. I’m not doubting you at all. I’m just saying that I have not experienced it.

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
It interrupts what I'm doing. Forcing the open window to a half screen while the mail app takes up the other half of the screen. It's quite annoying. I finally just closed the mail app altogether. I'll just check my mail on my iPad.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It interrupts what I'm doing. Forcing the open window to a half screen while the mail app takes up the other half of the screen. It's quite annoying. I finally just closed the mail app altogether. I'll just check my mail on my iPad.

Ugh... that's so inconvenient for you! Instead, why not consider submitting feedback on Apple's MacOS feedback page. [URL="https://www.apple.com/feedback/macos.html#mn_p]Here's a link![/URL]

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73