Ran into this problem today. After clicking "Restart" to quit the installer and restart the computer, the 2014 Mac mini went into a restart loop, each time to a screen stating that the computer could not be started.

Restarted again into Recovery mode, and used the most current Time Machine backup image to do a restore. Took the backup right before downloading the Mojave installer and starting the upgrade.

Anyone else run into this specific error?
    Last edited by Trees; 10-06-2018 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Fixed typo.
    kcox52692 likes this.
    10-06-2018 04:30 PM
    No, I updated my 2014 Mini last week, no issues. But I have heard issues across Macs upgrading to Mojave. I glad you had a backup.
    Trees likes this.
    10-06-2018 08:29 PM
    Glad your upgrade went well. I may try again with the Option + Command + R method in the event the installer had problems. Before that I'll take a look at Disk Utilities to see if there is anything going on with the hard disk.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904
    10-07-2018 07:47 AM
    No problems here either, but I always start from scratch with a major OS updates by doing a clean install no mater what the device is. Been following that technique since the late 80's and a firm believer that's why I never experience a lot of issues others do with their tech ...
    Trees and Spencerdl like this.
    10-07-2018 12:30 PM
    Tried again with the Option + Command + R method, after running Disk Utility First Aid. Didn't see any issues found, but think it was good idea to check. This time the upgrade via the "Reinstall macOS" option worked well.
    doogald likes this.
    10-08-2018 05:56 AM
    No problems here either, but I always start from scratch with a major OS updates by doing a clean install no mater what the device is. Been following that technique since the late 80's and a firm believer that's why I never experience a lot of issues others do with their tech ...
    Exactly this.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    10-08-2018 07:03 AM
    Ran into this problem today. After clicking "Restart" to quit the installer and restart the computer, the 2014 Mac mini went into a restart loop, each time to a screen stating that the computer could not be started.

Restarted again into Recovery mode, and used the most current Time Machine backup image to do a restore. Took the backup right before downloading the Mojave installer and starting the upgrade.

Anyone else run into this specific error?
    No, I have a Late 2012 Mac Mini. I partitioned the drive and installed Mojave onto a separate partition just in case Mojave was buggy or things went south.
    Trees likes this.
    10-08-2018 01:19 PM