Battery life in macOS Mojave vs. High Sierra

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How is the battery life on mac os mojave in comparison to high sierra?

Great question. I was in it pretty much all day yesterday, but I wasn’t paying attention to the battery level. I can say that I didn’t notice any unusual drainage, but I can’t say if it is better or worse than the prior OS version.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After paying slight attention to battery life with macOS Mojave, I will say that it is not as great as before the install, but it's also not a battery hog either....:cool:...Hopefully this weekend I will be able to really pay attention to it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Then why bother commenting?

He was being gracious enough to let the OP know that his or her post was acknowledged. A good deal of people are impatient and when they don’t see an almost immediate acknowledgement of their post, they tend to create duplicates as if creating more will cause someone to answer their questions sooner.

torini

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I installed the Mojave beta as a fresh macOS install (After I had a few issues with the battery dropping significantly while sleeping) and the battery is now amazing and no longer drops while sleeping. Better than on High Sierra I feel.

The battery now seems fine. Been on Netflix while on battery for the last half a hour and only dropped 3%.

fernandopeter477

Dec 17, 2019
Visit site
http://facebook.comI used both macOS and also the high sierra, according to me as per my experience, macOS Mojave drains too much battery compared to High Sierra as realized that. As for me, I bought the MacBook and since I had noticed a slightly worse battery life, especially during standby. Facebook

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73