Who’s installing the macOS Mojave beta?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m actually waiting for the install to finish. I’m looking forward to how well it performs on my MacBook Pro. What about you?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Who’s installing the macOS Majave beta?

I didn’t bring my MBP with me to Japan. I’ll be installing it right away when I get back and try out Dark Mode.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

While I'd really like to, I use my MBP for work so I'll wait until the official release.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Already done, dark mode is great.

It is now installed on my MacBook Pro, and you’re right, the dark mode looks good. I just finished a conference call and am about to be in another one so my experimentation with the new OS will have to wait a bit.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I might download it this weekend.

Conference call number 2 got postponed for about 30 minutes so I can play with the new macOS a little bit longer. Thus far, it's running smoothly. All of my primary 3rd-party apps work and I haven't come across any slowdowns or stutters. So far so good....Thank GOD!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Conference call number 2 got postponed for about 30 minutes so I can play with the new macOS a little bit longer. Thus far, it's running smoothly. All of my primary 3rd-party apps work and I haven't come across any slowdowns or stutters. So far so good....Thank GOD!

That’s awesome!!! I’m looking forward to it.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Considering my wife runs her business through it, heck no. We rely on our machine to make money.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Considering my wife runs her business through it, heck no. We rely on our machine to make money.

It’s actually running quite well in my MacBook Pro. No hiccups as of yet. The new News app looks great! I just finished a conference call using the Zoom app on my MacBook Pro and all went well. One of the participants was sharing her screen throughout the entire call and there weren’t any issues with the app or with macOS.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Good choice. I'm not interested in running beta software on hardware that I depend on. I may throw it on a test machine at work just to get a feel for it though.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

It’s actually running quite well in my MacBook Pro. No hiccups as of yet. The new News app looks great! I just finished a conference call using the Zoom app on my MacBook Pro and all went well. One of the participants was sharing her screen throughout the entire call and there weren’t any issues with the app or with macOS.

It doesn’t matter how stable it is. If there are hiccups anywhere, Apple will not offer support while on beta software and we rely on $6000 a month income coming through that Mac. No beta is worth is our household income.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

It doesn’t matter how stable it is. If there are hiccups anywhere, Apple will not offer support while on beta software and we rely on $6000 a month income coming through that Mac. No beta is worth is our household income.

‘Nuf said!

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Going to have to start looking into a new Mac, won't install on my Mac Mini server mid 2011

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

I installed in my
MacBook Pro this morning and all is smooth, I use it for work and so far 0 issues with anything