Need some help understanding the app/window switching

linear2202

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I'm new to Mac OS. I have a 2017 MacBook Pro. I'm really struggling getting the hang of the app/window switching when I either hide or minimize an app/window. They both seem to result in the same thing. When the app is activated, I get the menu bar, but the window is not present and I need to use the Window menu to get it back.
I often use Safari, Mail, OneNote, Twitterific, Reeder.
I've tried reading a bit of explanations online, but it hasn't helped. Hoping someone can give a newbie some tips.
It's fully up to date, 10.14.6.

BTW- Majove was not a choice for me in the "Pick a Category".

TIA

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
If you minimize a window, there is an icon for the window on the right side of the dock (if it is on the bottom; at the bottom if you have the dock on the right or left side.) You can click the icon to restore it. If you click the app icon in the dock (not the minimized window, but the Safari icon for Safari, the Mail icon for mail, etc.), it will restore the first window that was minimized. I don't really think that there is a keystroke combo that you can use to restore a minimized window.

If you hide an app, there is no icon on the right side of the dock, but you can Cmd-Tab to bring the app and it's foreground window back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods